GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Senior Scala Engineer to join our engineering team.
As a Principal Software Engineer on a highly skilled Cloud Platform team, you will be expanding and improving common libraries and services used by the rest of the engineering organization to expose application features and functionality in the cloud. You will focus on backend infrastructure while leveraging proven distributed systems experience. You will strive to make the system faster to build, better tested, easier to deploy, and more observable.
A customer is a healthcare IT security company. It provides healthcare companies with a platform that addresses critical compliance and security challenges. It helps to improve providers' productivity.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field, and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, and coding skills
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments with deep dive
- 4+ years of experience building distributed highly scalable hosted (SaaS) solutions on the JVM
- 2+ years of programming in functional paradigm language, such as Scala
- Experience with distributed streaming platforms, such as Kafka
- Reactive programming principles using frameworks, like Akka
- Proficiency with relational data stores
- Dedicated to producing quality code through best practices
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks
- Deep familiarity with RESTful Web APIs, JSON, web services, and Linux environment
- Cryptography, security, and data privacy
- Experience developing for Continuous Deployment on AWS, GCP, or similar
- Play an important role in the design and implementation of our highly scalable hosted (SaaS) solutions, with lots of autonomy while receiving guidance and feedback to help you grow
- Assume a full range of software engineering responsibilities, including architecture, design, development, testing, and production support
- Collaborate with DevOps, Product Management, Release Delivery, Customer Support, and other groups towards developing the most optimal solutions and troubleshooting issues
- Practice modern agile software development practices that deliver high-quality code: continuous integration and deployment, and automated testing
Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
Professional development opportunities
Excellent compensation and benefits package