The humanitarian aid organizations "Medicos del Mundo" and "Arzte der Welt" are the Spanish and German division of the international network Medecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM).
MDM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine.
The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for MHPSS MANAGER based in Bakhmut with frequent visits to other locations within Bahmut rayon.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and technical guidance of the MHPSS Coordinator, the MHPSS Manager provides ongoing supervision for MDM's MHPSS activities and supports their implementation on the field level:
· S/he provides managerial supervision of MHPSS activities: MHPSS community needs assessments; capacity building activities and trainings; supervision process for training delivered in Bakhmut rayon;
· S/he provides clinical supervision of MDM psychologists, and Mental Health Officer;
· S/he is responsible for developing and supporting referral pathway to specialized levels of MH care to improve access to mental health services;
· S/he participates in the regional level MHPSS coordination mechanisms (international and local);
· S/he is responsible for ensuring the M&E data collection and reporting for MHPSS activities at Bahmut rayon level;
· S/he is responsible for implementation of MHPSS advocacy strategy on a regional level
Coordination with NGOs, local associations
Upon request of the FieldCo:
· Maintain regular contacts with other NGOs and state organizations engaged in the provision of regional and community level MHPSS supports, through meetings, training, workshops, etc.;
Note: This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation
Minimum level of competency:
Degree in clinical psychology, or other relevant to mental health and psychosocial support certified field
Language and computer skills:
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.
Position will be filled on an ongoing basis