Эта вакансия уже завершена
Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Finance Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Finance Manager
Job type: Full time
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, civil education and transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of various vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration.
Position is contingent upon funding.
The Finance Officer will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager to conduct the project’s internal finance and accounting management. The Finance Officers will implement project payments, budget reviews, prepare financial reports, liquidate advances, and assess the financial management capacity of grantees.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices and wire transfer payments;
- Review all expense supporting documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with the organization’s policies and appropriate regulations prior to obtaining approvals and processing of payments;
- Enter Purchase orders, Journal entries and other accounting transactions into Serenic Navigator Dynamics 365 Business Central system according with a granted profile;
- Review and audit operational expenses reported by the staff, sub-awardees to ensure that expenses are in accordance with approved budgets, donor regulations, and organization’s policies and that adequate supporting documentation is available for all expenses;
- Act as petty cash custodian. Review travel and petty cash vouchers for accuracy and track processing and payments;
- Maintain a good filing system and ensure backup of accounting and finance related documents ready to audit reviews;
- Assist Finance team in preparing monthly reports;
- Ensure that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with the Ukraine Tax Code;
- Carry out employees’ payroll, sick/annual leave control and processing due to Pact policy & the Ukrainian legislation;
- Monthly VAT report preparation/submission to Tax authority;
- Assist in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements;
- Act as a point of contact on registration-related issues in legal authorities;
- Ensure that the taxes paid, tracked, recorded, and reported to Ukraine tax authorities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and 3+ years of prior procurement and/or financial experience or Bachelor's degree and 5+ years relevant experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ukrainian legislation, internal control and audit processes;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines;
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to organize routine data and maintain the established procedures;
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of software applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.);
- Strong critical thinking and attentiveness to detail;
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience with international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts;
- Fluent in English and Ukrainian.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Отправить резюме with “Finance Officer” in the subject line. The deadline is December 30, 2022.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.