Danish Refugee Council,one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is present in Ukraine since 2014 and currently responding to the evolving humanitarian crisis - providing support in the various sectors including Protection, Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Disarmament & Peacebuilding, Shelter & Settlements and others.
DRC is looking for HR Officer to join our team in Dnipro.
Overall purpose of the role:
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area as well as Ukrainina Labor Law. The role contributes to the development of country and area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
General Human Resources tasks
- Assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- To provide input to Human Resources processes and suggests improvements or weakness identified.
- Lead the recruitment of staff for the area including advertising, prepare long list, organizing interviews, reference checks and relevant documentation.
- Ensures compliance of personnel documentation with legislation in the field of labor law and personal data protection. Interact with DRC Country office, to assure timely and accurate documentation turnover.
- Completes hiring, transfer and dismissal of employees in accordance with labor legislation, regulations, instructions, as well as orders of the Head of the Representative Office.
- Forms and administers personal files of employees, ensures Personal Files were sent to the DRC Country Office in a timely manner.
- Ensures Leave policy is followed by all DRC employees in the Area of responsibility, prepares Internal Orders and send them for archive to DRC Country Office.
- Perform role of HR User in DRC dynamics (ERP), including hire, terminate and extension of employees’ contracts, checking leave requests and approvals, benefits and compensation;
- Coordinate submission of medical and life insurance information to the insurers on the monthly changes in the list of employees; coordinate requests from the employees with Insurance companies;
- Manage the hiring procedure of local staff in full compliance with Ukrainian Labor Code, including collecting and inspecting all personal documents from new hire, prepare the order on hiring, prepare information to Fiscal Service of Ukraine about new hire; making notes to Labor Books.
- Together with line managers ensure comprehensive onboarding of staff, as well as the exit process
- Provide information on HR related changes in the Area of responsibility to DRC Country Office in a timely manner.
Compensations & benefits
- Manage, update and process the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to finance department or country HR team. Prepares timesheet for all employees in the Area of responsibility twice per month.
- Ensure that all relevant deductions are effected on a monthly basis are communicated to country HR team
- Prepare and submit required reports on a monthly basis for auditing purposes
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources related information is kept and sent on timely basis to relevant parties
Development, people planning, and well-being
- Ensure that the performance appraisal process is conducted, and that there are learning and development opportunities available to the employee
- Assist in inducting training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc. as needed
- Assist in people planning activities (e.g. ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles)
- Assist or drive people well-being initiatives
We expect you to have experience in HR sphere, including Ukrainian HR Administration and you keen to keep growing and developing professionally. You are motivated and focused on delivering high-quality support to your team members.
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in Human Resources management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development
- Technical skills in managing compensation and benefits.
- (I)NGO experience is preferred
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: Until 30/12/2022 based on satisfactory 3 months probation period with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Level H non-management
Start date; ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
ATTENTION: Though external and internal candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position, in case of equal level of qualifications and interview performance the preference will be given to an internal candidate. Closing date for applications: 28 June 2022.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.