The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to pro
tect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Storekeeper in its sub-delegation/ delegation in KYIV.
- Receives and checks incoming goods against the delivery note and reports any issues.
- Ensures that goods are properly stored, picked, packed and loaded, reports any issues.
- Ensures that all the stored goods are properly labelled (expiry dates, batch numbers, manufacturer, etc.) and recorded.
- Weighs and tallies goods during loading and unloading.
- Updates bin cards and stock cards when supervising an inventory transaction.
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Keeps the facility's equipment and materials neat, clean and orderly and reports any issues.
- Ensures that temperatures are properly followed & recorded.
- Replaces the Warehouse Supervisor during his absence.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree, secondary school diploma
- Vocational training in administration or logistics, or equivalent experience
- Good speaking/writing English
- Computer literacy
- Minimum three years of experience in Storekeeping, Warehousing, Transport or Logistics
- Team-work experience
- Holding driver license – category B
- Holding forklift driver license is an asset
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days' vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 31/03/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/