The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Reporting Officer in its Delegation in Kyiv.
The reporting officer is the focal point for selected reporting for internal and external purposes. She/he helps position the delegation by strengthening its internal/external reporting and contributing to more accountability to affected people. The reporting officer contributes to setting and implementing priorities, objectives and strategies as defined by the delegation. S/he supports the orientation, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the delegation’s key reporting activities and activities/strategies to increase accountability towards affected people. Provides technical support to departments where applicable. She/he prepares institutional reports in cooperation with information management, transversal unit, coordinators, and sub-delegation management.
- The Reporting Officer is accountable for the production and or compilation of English written reports related to ICRC's humanitarian response in Ukraine for internal or external use.
- Provides support to the AAP Delegate and Officer upon request.
- Coordinates and cooperates with her/his management on the preparation of reports and analyses.
- Fulfils requests by her/his management to produce reports and analyses on specific topics.
- Prepares presentations on ICRC activities in Ukraine for external audiences in English (Ukrainian and/or Russian).
- Collects and cross checks information from various internal and external sources, tasked by his management or on his/her own initiative.
- Cooperates with the heads of structures and/or IM assistant on preparations of reports, as deemed necessary
- Assists COM FOs in drafting reports and public communication, when possible.
- Produces thematic reports (internal/external) as per request of the Management
- Monitors relevant reports of international/local organizations
- Accompany, coach, and train users on delegation reporting tools (i.e. “Omega”)
- Performs other duties as required
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Typically 6-9 years’ overall professional experience.
- 4 years of work experience in a similar field of activity.
- Excellent drafting skills in English a must
- University degree or equivalent
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian. Fluent command of Russian a plus.
- Knowledge of BI, SQL, statistical packages, Tableau an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Rigor, method and analytical skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to interact effectively with data users, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to understand new business processes and their interplay with software and organizational structure
- Work experience in humanitarian in areas such as policy/coordination/M&E/diversity and inclusion (strong asset)
- Experience in analyzing and consolidating data, preparation of reports
- Experience with modern communication tools and social media platforms
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 working days' vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 26 March 2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/
ICRC Ukraine HR Team