Эта вакансия уже завершена
ACAPS is looking for a consultant to join its Ukrainian Analysis Hub; the person should have proficiency in Ukrainian and Russian and excellent knowledge of Ukrainian politics, economics, and history.
- Reports to: Team Leader Ukraine Analysis Hub
- Duty Station: Ukraine/remote
- Travel: None
- Duration & contract type: Consultancy, between 01.03.2022-30.08.2023, up to 22 days per month (50-100%)
- Starting date: 01.03.2023/ASAP
- Rate: TBD
Purpose of the position
The consultant is expected to identify and coordinate ACAPS collaboration and partnerships with the Ukrainian civil society, at both individual and organisation levels to collect information about the humanitarian crisis and local response. The consultant will build sustainable and equitable partnerships built on information sharing and technical/capacity support for partners and will contribute to ACAPS strategy building about civil society engagement.
The consultant will also contribute to ACAPS’ timely analysis of humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, thus enabling crisis responders to make better informed decisions via data collection and analysis of data. He or she will support the ACAPS analysis by data collection via qualitative interviews and other data collection methods as well as participating in the design of ACAPS products through joint analysis within the team.
The consultant is expected to adjust and adapt her/his tasks according to the directions set by the ACAPS Ukraine Team Leader.
- Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably in social sciences or int’l development.
- Ukrainian and Russian proficiency; excellent English-language writing skills.
- Critical thinking and attention to details.
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian politics, economics, and history
- Large professional networks within Ukrainian civil society and Ukrainian humanitarian response structures
- At least five years of experience in civil society or humanitarian work
- At least two years of experience in analysis, preferably applied to humanitarian area.
- Understanding of humanitarian needs assessments and working with primary and secondary data, and qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Experience designing and/or carrying out research (primary, secondary, or both)
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and turn around material rapidly.
- Outstanding coordination, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Familiarity with Excel (or similar software).
Throughout the course of this consultancy, the consultant is expected to:
- Be a focal point for communication between ACAPS Ukraine Analysis Hub and the Ukrainian civil society partners
- Ensure the regular exchange of information through key informant interviews with the local responders and other relevant individuals or institutions and store and process the collected data in an efficient manner according to the ACAPS Ukraine Analysis Hub internal procedures
- Contribute to monitoring activities of the hub to ensure Ukrainian sources and perspectives are included in the regular monitoring activities
- Provide a capacity needs assessment of partners and proactively research, propose and desgin how ACAPS can support different partners.
The concrete deliverables shall be defined in the documents related to the performance management. Considering the length of the assignment and the dynamic situation in Ukraine, the deliverables shall be flexible.
Apply here: https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/job/10036/apply/email