Эта вакансия уже завершена
Shelter / WaSH Technical Lead
HEKS/EPER is looking Shelter / WaSH Technical Lead. Base in Dnipro or Odesa with the possibility of field trips.
Shelter-WaSH Technical Lead provides technical guidance on Shelter-WaSH activities, to ensure compliance with international safety and quality standards, and with recommendations from Shelter / NFI Working Group and the WaSH Cluster.
Supports the implementation of Shelter – WaSH activities by issuing Activity Forms, Standard Operating Procedures, tools, etc.
Monitors the implementation process and shares feedback to promote best practices and strategic adjustments when needed.
Tasks and responsibilities
Supervisory Responsibility of Job
- Undertakes all technical aspects of Shelter – WaSH activities.
- Visits activities in the field on regular basis to monitor implementation and build capacities of the teams and partners
- Validates Shelter and WaSH needs assessments.
- Validates technical aptitudes of Shelter-WaSH applicants and participates in during recruitment process when needed.
- Ensure the respect and application of disciplinary rules as per HR policy.
- Represents HEKS/EPER in technical.
- Contributes to the mission’s overall strategy of intervention and develops the Shelter-WaSH strategy.
Program planning, implementation and development
- Design (or propose adjustments to) the Shelter, WaSH and NFI program and activities according to the identified needs of beneficiaries.
- Develop, update and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the Shelter, WaSH and NFI Program, with regards to Clusters and Working Groups’ recommendations.
- design and write comprehensive Activity Forms for all major operational aspects in direct collaboration with his/her supervisors
- To organize, schedule, coordinate and plan the Shelter, WaSH and NFI activities and the team’s work
- To ensure proper coordination and liaison with local partners, local communities and Municipalities/Authorities
- To implement all monitoring and evaluation defined schemes (post intervention impact survey) in coordination with the assessment, monitoring and evaluation department
- To implement community mobilization (introduce activities to stakeholders, encourage communities for activities…)
- To monitor closely the implementation of the activities and to propose adjustments of the strategy if needed
- To participate in identifying shelter-related needs and new areas of intervention, in coordination with the Senior Program Coordinator.
- In the context of identifying new operations, and together with the Senior Program Coordinator, he/she contributes to the preparation of project proposals for the Shelter, WaSH and NFI sector
- To participate in the strategy development of the mission
Representation, coordination and reporting
- Participate in the definition and development of guidelines and methodologies for assessments and assessments reports in coordination with the assessment, monitoring and evaluation department.
- To review the assessment reports according to developed formats
- To proactively coordinate and work with other actors on the ground
- To ensure proper communications schemes with the different levels of local authorities
- To provide internal reporting on activities according to internal tools
- To prepare external reporting (with support from his/her supervisors)
- Ensure the follow-up and proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works and trainings.
Team management and capacity building
- To do the recruitment of the Shelter, WaSH and NFI team, in collaboration with Area Managers
- To organize training sessions on Shelter, WaSH and NFI Standard Operating Procedures and Activity Forms
- To ensure regular field visits to build up the capacities of the Shelter, WaSH and NFI team
- To ensure performance evaluation of the Shelter, WaSH and NFI staff, in collaboration with Area Managers.
Budget / Logistic planning and follow up
- Follows up the financial aspects of the project, proposes reallocation if needed.
- In collaboration with the Area Managers, manages the stocks and replenishments for the program.
- Contributes to the procurement plans for Shelter-WaSH activities.
- Approves expenditures and re-allocations related to Shelter-WaSH activities.
Competencies & requirements
Language skills: Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian (speaking/reading/writing), В2/С1 in English is desirable.
Education degree: including but not limited to: technic, hydraulics, hydrology, civil engineering, public works, architecture, or its equivalent
Work experience: Work experience of 5 years or more in the field of design, construction and WASH, project management, performing similar functions.
1 year experience in NGOs/On-site training in field work.
- Knowledge in borehole construction/rehabilitation, water points, latrines construction etc
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework for construction, reconstruction, water supply and other networks
- Knowledge of requirements, norms for buildings, structures, building materials
- User of MS Office, Internet, AutoCAD and other drawing programs, etc.
- Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau or similar visualization tool is desirable
- Knowledge of mobile data collection platforms (e.g., KoboToolbox or other ODK-based including XLS form coding and troubleshooting) is desirable.
- Knowledge of GIS packages (e.g. QGIS) is desirable
- Knowledge of labor discipline, labor protection and safety rules, fire-prevention requirements, industrial sanitation and labor hygienerules.
- Analytical thinking.
- Focus on results.
HEKS/EPER offers :
- Official employment.
- Competitive and decent salary.
- Social package in accordance with the Labor Code.
- Equipped workplace.
- Medical insurance etc.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to Відправити резюме . We are waiting for your CV until 03.05.2023.
Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information through e-mail, please check it.