Эта вакансия уже завершена
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is seeking for the programme U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme a qualified staff member to fill the position of a
Social Media & Visibility Advisor (full time, Kyiv)
(Internal Code: Communication Advisor)
U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme is a multi-donor action of the European Union and its member states Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Estonia and Slovenia which supports the efforts of the Ukrainian government in the area of decentralisation and regional development. Over the past years, Ukraine has put decentralisation and regional development as a top priority on its political agenda. The reform has promoted a viable local self-government and thus bringing a positive change to the people’s life and making hromadas resilient also during the times of war. The Ministry of Communities and Territories Development (MinRegion) is responsible for this milestone reform process. U-LEAD acts to empower the Ukrainian local self-government even in times of war through continuation of its usual functions focused on capacity development of local representatives, but also through provision of emergency support packages to the affected municipalities.
The Social Media & Visibility Advisor will join U-LEAD with Europe’s Planning, Monitoring and Communications Team within the U-LEAD with Europe Directorate. This team steers and advises on monitoring and reporting the Programme’s activities and results, manages the results-oriented monitoring database, promotes U-LEAD visibility in all media sources, internal and external, and coordinates the activity planning processes of the Programme. The team works with all U-LEAD units and teams, including its 24 regional offices. It further supports the coordination of the Programme’s work with national ministries, media representatives, EU Delegation to Ukraine, Embassies, amongst others.
Areas of responsibility
- The social media advisor will be responsible for making visible U-LEAD’s work in the area of strengthening local self-government to its target audiences (Ukrainian municipalities, Ukrainian government, donors).
- Editorial planning and content management for U-LEAD with Europe social media channels, especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube based on communicating measures, facts & figures, success stories and content marketing of key messaging.
- Maintenance and further development of the U-LEAD website, Facebook page and twitter account as well as other social media channels.
- Preparation of texts and visual content for print and online products, including decentralisation website, announcements, news reports, newsletters, articles, presentations, infographics etc.
- Maintenance and further development of the U-LEAD photo archive.
- Coordination of the maintenance and further development of a content database and photo pool for U-LEAD success stories.
- Organisation of measures and events on decentralisation reform communication and mainstreaming reform communication topics in U-LEAD’s online and social media channels as well as in printed products.
- Support in further development and execution of the U-LEAD communication strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with visibility guidelines of U-LEAD’s donors and coordinate closely with relevant units in U-LEAD to ensure a consistent programme communication.
- MA or post-graduate degree in journalism, PR and communications or in a related field;
- Native written and spoken Ukrainian; excellent command of written and spoken English;
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a comparable position or in a PR/ communications agency working with the public sector;
- Broad experience with maintaining and developing social media channels such as Facebook and twitter;
- Proven skills in online content management, marketing and campaigns;
- Proven skills in photography (including post production) and video journalism, with experience of photo and video editing;
- Solid skills in writing and editing English and Ukrainian content for various types of channels;
- Basic knowledge of crisis communications and contingencies for politically sensitive communications and issues;
- Basic knowledge of the Ukrainian government’s reform agenda in the field of decentralisation;
- Experience with donor-funded international development projects and programmes is an asset;
- Experience with website design is an asset.
- Strong interest in learning about U-LEAD’s work towards stronger Hromadas;
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences;
- Strong organisational, planning and managerial competences;
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and organisational skills;
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, often under tight deadlines;
- High level of discretion, integrity and sense of tone;
- Aptitude for assessing material and content of politically sensitive nature.
Starting as soon as possible. Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is until the end of December 2023.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB 29.06.2022.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.