Ця вакансія вже завершена
GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Video Engineer/Transcode Developer to join our engineering team.
The enterprise-level multimedia platform is widely used among broadcasters, Video-on-Demand services, and other media-related areas.
Our company is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
For content providers who want high-quality media experiences for their audiences, our company is trusted to manage and transform complex, mission-critical services with superior expertise, leading technology platforms, and passion.
We consistently deliver the highest quality Managed Services utilizing the most agile and efficient solutions to reduce time-to-market and minimize business continuity risks. We can deliver our customers’ content to their audience on every device, ensuring it is discoverable and optimized. We ensure to be the best long-term partner to meet our customers’ complex and rapidly changing needs through our unique media heritage, technology experience, and innovation focus. Our portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including Playout, Media Management, OTT, and more.
- Detailed knowledge of, and extensive hands-on experience with video and audio domain formats and technology expertise.
- Established and emerging codecs (including MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VC-1, AAC, and AC3)
- Containers (including MXF, QuickTime, MP4, Transport Stream, and Programme Stream)
- Streaming technologies (including Apple HLS, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, MPEG-DASH, and CMAF)
- Video encoding software and hardware including FFMPEG, Telestream Vantage, AWS Elemental, etc.
- Configuring and troubleshooting DRM technologies including Widevine, FairPlay and PlayReady
- Familiar with Audio loudness and correction parameters
- Knowledge and experience working with AD and subtitle formats.
- Familiar with audio mapping and configuration of probe rulesets and test plans
- Aurora QC – configure, design, and execute test plans
- Minnetonka Transcode – configure, design, and execute test plans
- Vantage Transcoding – configure, design, and execute test plans
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
Understanding of QC processes including all relevant technical standards:
- Knowledge and experience with Automatic QC principles and practice
- Knowledge and experience (building and testing) with video encoding and transcoding technologies particularly FFMPEG
- Experience with working with, translating, and processing XML data
- Good knowledge and experience in JSON
- Knowledge of the programming languages C#, .net and GO
- ACSR Qualifications
- Knowledge of broadcast video formats, protocols, and encoding standards
- Knowledge of broadcast video infrastructure, Desirable to have experience with setting up and configuring video & audio matrices, control systems & KVM, and PCoIP Matrix systems
- High level of experience with fundamental IT Principles including Operating Systems (Wintel, MacOs, Linux) Networking (Routing, WAN, Security, Proxy) Authentication (LDAP, AD)
- Familiarity with API Integration (eg SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting multiple sites efficiently and conscientiously
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalized approaches to documentation
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long-term relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective, and deliverable
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalize the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems, and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High-quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
- SOAP, REST, .NET
- This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a senior transcode developer role using the best techniques available in a fast-moving product-centric environment. You will be a key part of a cross-functional product development group using agile management and engineering practices.
- The Video Engineer/Transcode developer is a key role within the platform development team working with a principal engineer to develop and test implemented functions within software applications and solutions with the aim to build a portfolio of platform services that allows Red Bee and its client base to tackle an ever-changing media environment.
- This role requires working closely with the principal engineer and other skilled architects, developers, testers, product owners, and business stakeholders to help innovate and develop solutions across the domain of Media Management. This is a hands-on role.
What Do We Offer?
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Various types of cooperation — comfortable office or remote collaboration from home, opportunities for relocation — all depend on your preferences. We will support you at every stage of these processes and do our best to help you feel comfortable!
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the physical and mental health of all specialists. Every specialist can choose the most relevant option for themselves:
Medical Insurance - our partners provide our consultants with special health insurance packages, which include both doctor's visits and massage courses. Also, our specialists have special conditions for special insurance for loved ones, insurance during travel, and transport insurance.
Wellbeing Deposit - this deposit allows you to buy sports equipment for the home and uniform, go to the gym, etc. It is also possible to visit a psychologist, attend massages and spa treatments, and even subscribe to fitness applications for a mobile phone or online training related to physical and mental health.
Learning and professional growth
You’ll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them — it’s up to you! Moreover, we have various internal courses, programs, and possibilities to boost your skills.
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic’s experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: automotive, media, industrial, and healthcare.
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education, the environment, and developing women in tech.
For example, learn more about our EcoHike — a special app that makes the world cleaner https://www.globallogic.com/ua/key-projects/ecohike/! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and communities. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!