The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Radio Operator in its delegation in Kyiv.
AIM OF THE POSITION
The Radio Room Operator is responsible for information gathering and operating the ICRC’s telecommunications equipment according to the existing protocols. The operator provides monitoring and informational support for field teams and guarantees that standard operating procedures are implemented correctly and respected by all concerned parties to ensure the ICRC teams' safety.
Functional general responsibilities:
• Follows communication and transmission activity via telecommunications equipment.
• Ensures constant contact with people moving in the field and takes appropriate action as stipulated under security rules and internal guidelines.
• Proactively maintains information flow on security-related issues.
• Updates lists of field movements, messages transmitted, etc.
• Gives radio-related briefings if required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years work experience in Radio Operation or similar field of activity;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Good computer knowledge;
- Rigorous and methodical person;
- Good knowledge of Ukrainian geography;
- Capacity to adhere to ICRC procedures;
- Skilled in the following competencies: adapting & learning; planning, organization & assessment; communication (ability to express views and ideas); analysis & synthesis
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 workdays’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/