Эта вакансия уже завершена
Асистент/-ка проєкту / Project Assistant (Shelter) - Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title:Project Assistant (Shelter) – 6 positions
Duty Station:Poltava, Ukraine
Classification:General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment:Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
Closing Date:26 January 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Programme Coordinator (Housing), the direct supervision of the Project Officer (Shelter) and in coordination with other technical programme specialists, the successful candidate will support IOMs efforts to improve living conditions of crisis affected population across Ukraine.
The incumbent will be responsible for documenting shelter needs based on cluster and organizational standards. S/he will support the timely and orderly distribution, documentation and application of the items; provide information and support on the application of shelter repairs. This in addition to support with CBI activities related to Shelter when needed.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support in implementing Shelter activities ensuring that they are in line with the technical guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP) and quality control plans.
- Coordinate shelter interventions with local municipalities and other counterparts to assure compliance with national and municipal plans and directions to avoid any overlapping with other actors.
- Draft and maintain regular distribution and intervention plans and coordinate those closely with the supply chain manager and other programme units CCCM, WASH, NFI, CBI.
- Coordinate work of field staff and data collection for needs assessment, consultations and FGD’s with affected population, and participate where necessary. Support with drafting the relevant tools and suggest possible intervention modalities based on the outcomes.
- Monitor field Shelter activities continuously, keep track of work/distribution plans in coordination with field colleagues, and report potential gaps/delays in the implementation to the PM.
- Assist the Project Officer with the coordination with Logistics and Procurement Unit on the procurement process, delivery of programme items, and monitor closely the performance of IPs
- Ensure that programme trackers are up to date and reflecting field activities correctly.
- Monitor implementation of construction activities at field and compliance with safety measures and visibility requirements of donors.
- Contribute as requested to the reports by providing inputs and data (including weekly, monthly, interim and final project reports), in addition to submitting regular progress reports.
- Conduct quality control and document progress of works on-site. Navigate changes and correction where necessary and needed. Document any changes from original designs and plans and coordinate closely with the programme management and procurement units.
- Adhere to the highest standard to IOMs policy on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and verify implementation partner and contractor implement those standards to the same level.
- Participate in coordination of shelter related meetings with external stakeholders (governmental, other aid actors, affected population), cluster technical working groups as instructed by Programme Manager and Programme Officer.
- Facilitate community mobilization and conduct regular community level engagement meetings to understand community needs and to inform affected communities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school technical construction diploma/certificate or equivalent with at least five years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in shelter projects and distributions
- Experience working with a non-governmental organization and/or international organization is an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to present clear and concise information and good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications filling in the IOM Personal History Form and sending to Отправить резюме by 26 January 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.01.2023 to 26.01.2023