Эта вакансия уже завершена
Адміністративний/-а Асистент/ка -Administrative Assistant - Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title:Administrative Assistant
Duty Station:Odesa, Ukraine
Classification:General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment:OYFT, twelve months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:1 February 2023
Closing Date:6 January 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the National Administrative/Human Resources Officer, and the direction of the Chief of Administration the successful candidate will provide travel and human resources related administrative assistance ensuring high quality and accuracy of work in order to obtain the optimum travel and administrative services for EUBAM personnel and operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support recruitment processes in the office by coordinating the publication of Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, receiving and sorting applications and nominations for secondment to EUBAM, arranging interviews and tests, preparing all the required documentation and communications with candidates, contacting previous employers for reference checks and any other related activity as assigned.
- Carry-out pre-employment activities such as preparation of entry-on-duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams, facilitation of orientation sessions/ inductions, creation of personal files, etc. Facilitate separation procedures of the national and international personnel.
- Generate reports, annual contract extensions, assist in completion of EUBAM non-staff annual performance appraisal and other related documentation.
- Perform the role of a timekeeper for EUBAM national non-staff personnel; maintain, update, and reconcile annual and sick leave requests; maintain and update relevant attendance records.
- Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, HR policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Support the organization of meetings, training activities and other Human Resources events by carrying out logistical activities such as arrangement Provide guidance and capacity-building support for site managers as needed. of meeting facilities, equipment, materials, preparation of correspondence and drafting and assembling of documents. Respond to general inquiries regarding HR policies, instructions, and procedures.
- Facilitate obtainment of the Ukrainian visas and accreditation for the eligible international EUBAM personnel. Maintain a database of EUBAM accredited personnel for the needs of the Protocol department of the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
- Conduct surveys and analysis of most competitive hotel prices and quality of hotel services in Odesa and countrywide, as necessary; make hotel reservations for EUBAM personnel and Mission partner services in Odesa and Kyiv.
- Process travel requests (TRs) in line with the Travel policy regulating relevant travel entitlements ensuring that the travel arrangements follow internal and external regulations and alerting management in cases of non-conformity.
- Review that all TRs are duly completed before staff are authorized to travel and validate that all needed supporting documents are attached prior to dispatch for computation and reimbursement.
- Maintain proper use of the relevant Amadeus, I-gator, and corresponding PRISM functionalities in accordance with the IOM rules ensuring timely purchasing of flight tickets as per approved TRs.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Business Management, Business Administration, or other relevant field with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school diploma with five years of relevant professional experience
- Professional certification in Amadeus is an advantage
- Experience in human resources, operations, administration, or related fields;
- Proven knowledge of the PRISM Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) is an essential advantage;
- Previous work experience with IOM or UN Common system is an advantage.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Resource Mobilization - Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications filling in the IOM Personal History Form and sending to Отправить резюме by 6 January 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 16.12.2022 to 06.01.2023