Under the overall supervision of the Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the National Emergency and Stabilization Programme Officer, the successful candidate will provide specialized support to the implementation of IOM Ukraine capacity building efforts within the emergency and stabilization context in Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the Programme Coordinator in the overall planning, implementation, and monitoring of Capacity Building efforts within the emergency and stabilization context.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in the coordination of IOM's Capacity Building efforts within the context of the relevant sectors.
- Liaise with relevant national and local working-level government contacts, under the guidance of the Programme Coordinator.
- Work together with the in-house monitoring and evaluation team to devise and implement a monitoring system for Capacity Building efforts.
- Contribute to contracting, assist in procurement of goods and services.
- Provide information management support to Capacity Building programming.
- Organize and/or take part in Capacity building-related events (meetings, presentations, discussions, visits, etc.).
- Draft official and unofficial correspondence in English and Ukrainian (Russian if necessary).
- Assist in matters of project registration, as necessary.
- Provide inputs and recommend improvements to the planning and delivery of programme activities.
- Undertake duty travel within Ukraine pertinent to Capacity Building programming, on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned.
- Contribute to regular reporting (IOM internal, IOM external, UN-related, including 3W and situation reporting), correspondence, publication and presentation materials.
- Support the mapping of Capacity Building needs and beneficiaries.
Track national developments related to Emergency and Stabilization programming, and analyse, summarize and present findings.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Degree/Certificate with at least six years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in public administration, political science, economics, or law from an accredited academic institution) with at least five years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of humanitarian activities and context is advantageous
- Confident user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced with organizational and administrative duties
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
Emergency and Crisis
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners
- Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (http://iom.org.ua/en/personal_history or iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls) to [адрес скрыт].
This vacancy has been extended and is open to internal and external candidates. Previous applicants do not need to re-apply. Closing date for applications is by 24 January 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.