GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced C++ Senior Developer to join our engineering team.
Our customer is a well-known European OEM.
GlobalLogic is building a team consisting of 6 engineers who will work together with customer-appointed tech leads, scrum master, and PO. The team members will work within a cross-functional agile team and focus on the development and integration of android software on an Android Automotive OS-based Infotainment Platform, analyzing performance issues and performing fault tracing of the in-vehicle software and supporting systems.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of embedded software development experience using C++.
- Good theoretical knowledge of algorithms/data structures/software architecture principles and practices
- Sufficient level of English for everyday communication in a multicountry distributed team
- Experience with assembling and configuring Android AOSP custom firmware
It will be a great plus:
- Knowledge of operating systems’ kernels
- Experience with HyperVisor technologies and tools.
- Experience in software development for the automotive industry
- Experience with software performance measurement tools.
- Basic knowledge of recent microcontroller architectures
- Experience in fault tracing on the system level.
- C++-Linux, Continuous Integration
The developer will work as part of a cross-functional agile team that would take ownership of creating and maintaining core system features that are performance and stability critical. The developer will be expected to work mainly in the QNX layer, performing orchestration and creating supporting functions for further development in the full stack of Android (from C++ to HMI levels).
The team would be responsible for the overall performance of the system and therefore will be working closely with the CI team to measure the performance, stability, and reliability KPIs of the entire system and will work in a strictly supporting role to help other teams maintain a passable KPI level.
The team members are expected to perform manual tests in the vehicles and create automated tests where appropriate.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Feature development and maintenance of the same in the entire Android Stack.
- Performance and stability analysis in the Android stack for the infotainment system
- Lead Android integration events and support teams by assigning CTS/VTS/ATS to relevant teams.
- First point of contact to and from Google and other suppliers for Platform related issues.
Overall team responsibilities:
The System team will primarily focus on Platform related feature development such as device configuration, mode switching, etc.
The team receives KPIs (or defines KPIs together with tech leads) that they analyze and create test cases for to produce data and scorecards about how well the system fulfills the system KPIs, e.g. non-functional test cases for system performance, system robustness, and system stability.
- System capacity forecast for RAM, storage, and CPU (touchpoint with HW team)
- System optimization together with the internal Tier1 platform supplier.
- The team develops test cases that secure that the system works after the integration event from the internal Tier1 platform supplier (KPI acceptance).
- Android or QNX bring-up orchestration.
- The team is responsible for defining the build configurations.
- Ownership of logging functionality.
What Do We Offer?
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Various types of cooperation — comfortable office or remote collaboration from home, opportunities for relocation — all depend on your preferences. We will support you at every stage of these processes and do our best to help you feel comfortable!
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the physical and mental health of all specialists. Every specialist can choose the most relevant option for themselves:
Medical Insurance - our partners provide our consultants with special health insurance packages, which include both doctor's visits and massage courses. Also, our specialists have special conditions for special insurance for loved ones, insurance during travel, and transport insurance.
Wellbeing Deposit - this deposit allows you to buy sports equipment for the home and uniform, go to the gym, etc. It is also possible to visit a psychologist, attend massages and spa treatments, and even subscribe to fitness applications for a mobile phone or online training related to physical and mental health.
Learning and professional growth
You’ll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them — it’s up to you! Moreover, we have various internal courses, programs, and possibilities to boost your skills.
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic’s experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: automotive, media, industrial, and healthcare.
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education, the environment, and developing women in tech.
For example, learn more about our EcoHike — a special app that makes the world cleaner https://www.globallogic.com/ua/key-projects/ecohike/! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and communities. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!