GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Senior Backend Developer to join our engineering team.
A product is an affordable alternative to a traditional broadcast video capture system. We provide a full broadcasting solution for amateurs, broadcasters, sports leagues, clubs, coaches, and consumers, offering unique, interactive, and immersive viewing experiences.
The AI-based automated production solution provides the sports market with easy and affordable ways to produce and distribute the high-quality game and player videos and performance analysis. It also gives an editing platform for multiple types of athletic events, establishing the first end-to-end automated video and data solution in the sports industry.
The product revolutionizes sports video with an automated online video editing system that enables coaches to simply and easily access game video breakdowns, saving them time and hassle. Our range of products includes game analysis, game exchange, and video replay. We support all major team sports and cater to every level from youth, high school, and college, through professional.
- At least 5-6 years of relevant commercial experience as a Backend developer
- Excellent knowledge of PHP 5/7, and good knowledge of NodeJS is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of application design principles, experience with the development RESTful interfaces using MySQL, Nodejs, MongoDB, and/or PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding and practical experience in unit testing
- Good knowledge of AWS, k8s, Docker containers technology, and CI/CD pipelines, including hands-on experience
- Experience with using WebServices, WebSockets and RabbitMQ
- Knowledge and/or practical experience of any other programming language (e.g. Go, Python) will be a plus
- Experience with integration and management of any analytics and/or monitoring tools will be a plus
- Strong communication skills with a Good English level
- DataDog, Continuous Integration, Terraform, NodeJS
GlobalLogic team has been involved for many years in the development, deployment, and support of many different areas of the solution. We are now looking for a talented engineer who will extend our existing R&D team and become a key person in, driving a whole direction
Your responsibilities will include
- Take a lead on a separate stream/direction of our big project. Coordinate with co-developers, and product owners and send regular updates.
- You will be the key person to interact with the Customer on solving issues related to service integrations, upgrades, and Cloud infrastructure changes. Be ready to determine and develop an approach for solutions, and receive technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- Identify key barriers/core problems and apply problem-solving skills to deal creatively with complex situations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Work as a part of the existing R&D team based on the backlog in an Agile/Scrum manner. Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Assist with vendor selection/evaluation and infrastructure monitoring.
Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
Professional development opportunities
Excellent compensation and benefits package