We need ongoing long-term support from a capable VA (virtual assistant). This is preferably a full-time role that has considerable growth potential.
Are you highly motivated, with client facing experience, possessing enthusiasm and initiative? Then this could be the best role of your career.
We’re a global company with software and internet marketing teams located mostly in Ukraine. We have built an awesome world-first app and our global clients are being trained online and in classrooms using our app.
You must have very good written and spoken English.
Below is your list of diverse responsibilities:
1. Post job adverts (such as this one), review applicants, and correspond with candidates and our staff. Conduct some interviews. Coordinate system setup for new recruits with our sysad and others, and ensure the onboarding goes smoothly.
2. Open Enrollment Seminars: add and update public seminar details. Update each facilitator’s calendar.
3. Powerpoint: managing a designer to ensure the slides are updated.
4. Project manage the upgrading of two of our websites to use the same wordpress software we’re using for our main site. You’ll work with our software developer and testers.
5. Client Feedback: select client feedback for our website, including uploading client logos.
6. Travel & Accommodation: add travel agent’s flight bookings to the CEO’s calendar. Make inquiries and some accommodation bookings via email and occasionally via phone / skype.
7. Training: liaising with clients to ensure all classroom facilities and other info has been provided.
8.1 Participants: sending invitation emails to complete profiles and watch videos, and sending reminder / chaser emails.
8.2 Participants: For online training (now most of our courses), checking technology with all participants prior to the training. Holding short screenshare sessions to diagnose and fix basic issues (mostly user issues).
9.1 Training screenshare: supporting our facilitators on our online training sessions for technology issues (eg wrong browser, screenshares for users who haven’t followed instructions, microphone or speaker issues, dialling in for audio).
9.2 Training simulator: supporting our simulation game via chat, voice and some screensharing. This includes logging in, how to use, and some participant feedback from the graphs.
10.1 Linkedin: send connect requests and some messages to clients and update spreadsheets.
10.2 Linkedin: research executives we have targeted to be prospective clients. Send messages and respond to messages.
10. Systems & Processes: watch how-to videos and then create process flows and detailed instructions, and make improvements to the processes.
11. Invoices: email invoices and send payment reminder emails. Process some payments online.
12. Populate and send certificates for our graduates, printing from Powerpoint to PDF. Also sending certificates via linkedin.
13. Affiliate marketing: work with affiliate marketers to promote and fill our public courses.
14. SEO outreachers: review our performance using Ahrefs and G Search Console, to provide regular updates with recommendations.
15 Training material: printing to PDF, and liaising with various printers prior to courses.
16. Remote controlling: installing and configuring software for facilitators, or coordinating with our techie to have this taken care of.
17. Articles: choose, manipulate (eg crop) and upload images using Wordpress. Source and manage illustrators and designers.
18. Work on a broad variety of ad-hoc projects to make our busines
Please share with us your resume / CV, linkedin url if you have a profile and:
Please share with us your current / previous salary rate. Start your application with: «I'm ready to make a big career move». We much prefer working directly with professionals, since agencies charge too much.