Эта вакансия уже завершена
Офіс ООН з Координації Гуманітарних Справ шукає водія/водійку.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posting Title: Senior Driver/Clerk , GS-3
This position is open to Ukrainian nationals ONLY
OCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate in the respective duty station, the Senior Driver/Clerk will be responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services, administrative clerical support, general office and facilities management, and overall logistical support to the OCHA office staff, Consultants, Experts, UN staff on mission, ensuring a high degree of accuracy of work and timely delivery of results. The Senior Driver/Clerk demonstrates a client-oriented approach, a culture of safety, a high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of key functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Ensuring proper use, regular maintenance of vehicles and planning preventative services of a fleet of soft-skinned and armored vehicles;
- Ensuring availability and validity of documents and supplies;
- Provision of a full range of logistical support including all necessary provisions for large VIP missions;
- Assistance with general office and facilities management to ensure the full functioning of all equipment and services;
- Provision of administrative and clerical services including purchasing, expense accounting, travel authorizations, security clearances, reservations, shipping and receiving, inventory management.
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel within the city and to the regions with possible over-nights trips in the region;
- Driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel during security phases when required;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport/train station and ensuring the delivery of client services related to field travel.
Ensuring proper use, regular maintenance of vehicles and planning preventative services of a fleet of soft-skinned and armored vehicles by:
- Cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle loqs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Provision of a full range of logistical support including all necessary provisions for large VIP missions:
- Ensuring timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of vehicle operations and personnel;
- Coordinating logistics operations with other UN agencies/funds/programmes and other organizations in the field as needed;
- Ensuring proper documents management and availability of all the required documents/supplies at any time and upon immediate request;
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOCHA shipments (received/sent), preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions;
- Supporting procurement of goods and services within approved level of delegated authority.
Assistance with general office and facilities management to ensure the full functioning of all equipment and services by:
- Tracking office stock, such as stationery, furniture, consumables etc, and ensuring the purchase of necessary items; conducts periodical inventory according to organizational standards;
- Assisting the supervisor in overall office facilities management by ensuring an adequate supply of non-consumable office stock in good working order including the provision of back up supplies and spare parts;
- Providing minor repair service of the office equipment within delegated authority and upon request of the supervisor;
- Communication with facilities/building management officials as well as with responsible common premises personnel to ensure OCHA premises are fit for purpose.
- Provision of administrative and clerical services including purchasing, expense accounting, travel authorizations, security clearances, reservations, shipping and receiving, inventory management by:
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Support official documentation formalities/arrangements;
- Support other administrative/clerical services as required.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficient operations in the office as well as on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the UNOCHA office activities, including but not limited to smooth logistic and office management activities, timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of vehicle operations. Efficient transportation services are provided within the limits of delegated authority, maintenance and repair of the UN field office vehicle fleet is achieved. High-quality and timely clerical and receptionist duties are performed to support a fully operational office.
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver's license (B, C1 or C categories).
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Driver/Clerk; safe driving record, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair is required;
- Experience in logistics or administrative support or general office management is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) is required;
- Experience of work for international organizations is an asset;
- Experience in the region is an advantage;
- Experience in driving armored vehicles will be desirable;
- Valid Driver’s license category D is an asset.
- Fluency in Russian and Ukrainian and working knowledge of English are required.