Эта вакансия уже завершена
Офіс ООН з Координації Гуманітарних Справ шукає Спеціаліста/ку з адміністративних питань.
Зацікавлені кваліфіковані кандидати повинні подати заявку через https://bit.ly/3BOrgcM
Posting Title: Programme Assistant, GS-5
This position is located in the Operations and Advocacy Division (OAD), in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). OCHA is part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response efforts. OCHA's mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
The position of Programme Assistant is based in Odesa (the duty station may be subject to change, as the operational situation in the country evolves), Ukraine. Under the overall supervisor of the HAO/Head of Sub-Office, the incumbent reports to the Associate HAO/Field Coordination.
Under the supervision of the Associate HAO/Field Coordination the Programme Assistant is responsible for to support effective and efficient functioning of the Sub-Office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures and organization of office information flow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of Key duties are
- Assists in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assists them during field missions.
- Acts as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contributes to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collects data and other relevant information and keeps regular contacts with local authorities, humanitarian partners.
- In collaboration with humanitarian partners, assists in the reception and support in the areas of information management and coordination.
- Supports the effective and efficient functioning of the office by ensuring adequate travel services and secretarial support.
- Translation of basic communication English/Russian, Russian/English, English/Ukrainian and Ukrainian/English.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Supports effective and efficient functioning of the office focusing on achievement of the following:
- Performs reception functions and maintains telephone directory and calls log.
- Maintains accurate contact lists.
- Manages efficient and discreet staff schedules.
- Organizes regular and ad-hoc meetings; identifies venues, sends out invitations and agendas, receives guests, sends out minutes, etc.
- Screens and filters incoming/outgoing correspondence for processing, distributes documentation.
- Adherences to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines, when communicating with government and other external partners.
- Participates in initiatives with the objective to improve inter-agency team work and the promotion of a culture of caring (for example staff council).
Provision of travel services:
- Informs staff on travel including travel route and hotel arrangement.
- Processes travel authorization in line with established travel policy.
- Assists in arrangements of security clearance when required.
- Assists in hotel reservations for OCHA officials.
Administrative support functions:
- Sets up and maintains accurate filing system, ensuring safekeeping of confidential documents/materials.
- Opens new subject files and disposes old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Coordinates information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff.
- Drafts routine correspondence.
- Administrates travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of staff.
- Performs office petty cash custodian functions, if required.
- Assists in organizing inter-agency coordination meetings.
- Supports low-value requisitioning of local goods and services, as well as, assets management and inventory control, according to applicable UN Regulations and Rules.
Basic translation (English-Russian, Russian-English, English-Ukrainian, Ukrainian-English):
- Assists in three-way translation of incoming and outgoing correspondence (note verbales, letters, etc.).
- Supports translation of power point presentation/slides.
- Supports basic interpretation during meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the OCHA Ukraine Office Operations, including improved business results and client services. Forward looking operations management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
- High school diploma or equivalent, is required. University degree in political science, social science, international studies, business administration, economics, or a related field, but is not a requirement.
- A minimum of five (5) years (with secondary education) or two (2) years (with Bachelor degree) of progressively responsible experience in administration, secretarial and/or office support, or related area is required.
- Sound knowledge of office software packages (e.g. MS-Office/365) is required.
- Relevant experience within the UN Common System or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Some experience with Enterprise Resources Planning systems (ERPs) is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian (written and spoken) is required. Fluency in Russian is desirable.