Эта вакансия уже завершена
Position : Training Officer
Line Manager : Training Manager
Country Office : Ukraine
Work Location : Lviv
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands- the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Ukraine opened in 2015. Since the escalation of conflict in February 2022, it has rapidly expanded to a full platform serving the needs of NGOs in a fast-evolving conflict. Currently, 200 national and international NGOs receive INSO services. Our country office is in Kyiv, supported by field offices in Lviv, Dnipro, and Odesa. The scale and intensity of the Ukraine conflict have seen significant humanitarian safety challenges. As part of INSO Ukraine, you will play a key role in developing impactful services for humanitarian safety and helping aid to reach people in need.
INSO is now seeking two Training Officers based in Lviv.
As a Training Officer you will contribute to the development, contextualization, organization, delivery, and evaluation of Humanitarian Environment Individual Safety Training (HEIST) courses to assist aid workers in personal risk mitigation and humanitarian access.
To be the successful candidate you will demonstrate a strong background in NGO safety and security management, be outgoing, inquisitive and detail oriented, and have significant experience building and delivering high quality curriculum along with impact monitoring. You will have the ability to adapt training to the prevailing context. The ideal candidate will above all else share INSO’s commitment to humanitarian principles.
This position, opened to Ukrainian nationals only, reports to the Training Manager HEIST and is based in Lviv (possible missions in other Oblasts during onboarding phase).
- Adapt INSO HEIST course to the needs of humanitarian workers in Ukraine, with the support of INSO Training Manager HEIST.
- Facilitate training sessions according to INSO facilitation training standards.
- Contribute to the development and facilitation of other training courses when needed.
- Contribute to post-training reports and evaluation, such as NGO training needs assessment.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English (written and spoken).
- Graduate level education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Skills: competency in Microsoft Office including Power Point and Excel.
- A minimum of 2 years providing training, ideally in the humanitarian safety sector.
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security.
- Ability to excel in a multicultural work environment.
- Recent experience working on the Ukrainian response, ideally in an NGO safety training role or equivalent - and demonstrable understanding of the context.
- Experience in design and development of bespoke safety training curricula for NGOs.
- Experience in the development and delivery of HEAT, HEIST or HEFAT courses.
Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Terms and Conditions
12-month renewable contract with a 3-month probationary period. Expected start date May, 2023, Gross salary 70 000 UAH.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers, and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please submit completed applications to Отправить резюме and reference ‘Training Officer, Lviv’ in the subject line. Applications should be in English and include:
- An updated CV (maximum 3 pages).
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the competencies required for the role.
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.