Эта вакансия уже завершена
Position : Training Officer
Line Manager : Training Manager
Country Office : Ukraine
Work Location : Kyiv
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO) is an international NGO that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 18 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for its performance, principles and professionalism.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in the center of The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Ukraine Country Office
INSO has been operational in Ukraine since July 2015 and currently brings together 100 humanitarian organizations operating throughout the country. INSO Ukraine focuses on providing security and access-related information in near to real-time and helps raise awareness of the existing risks and mitigation strategies.
The Training Officer will contribute to the development, contextualization, organization, delivery, and evaluation of training courses to assist both national and international NGOs in organizational safety and crisis management, as well as personal risk mitigation and humanitarian access.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in NGO safety and security, be outgoing, inquisitive and detail oriented, and have significant experience building and delivering high quality curriculum along with impact monitoring. He/she will have the ability to adapt training to the prevailing context. The ideal candidate will above all else share INSO’s commitment to humanitarian principles.
This position, opened to Ukrainian nationals only, reports to the Training Manager and is based in Kyiv with frequent missions to various regions of Ukraine.
- Contribute to the planning and the logistical preparation of training sessions.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate training sessions.
- Prepare post-training reports containing lessons learned, participant evaluation analysis, etc.
- Contribute to the development and contextualization of training courses.
- Prepare for and participate in the facilitation of NGO meetings to identify specific training needs and gaps.
- Be proactive in improving training content and methods.
- Contribute to a positive public perception of INSO’ work to establish and maintain recognition of its mandate for independence, impartiality and neutrality.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English (written and spoken).
- Graduate level education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Skills: competency in Microsoft Office including Power Point and Excel.
- A minimum of 2 years providing training in the humanitarian safety sector, specifically at the field level.
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security.
- Ability to excel in a multicultural work environment.
- Recent experience working on the Ukrainian response, ideally in an NGO safety training role or equivalent - and demonstrable understanding of the context.
- Experience in design and development of bespoke safety training curricula for NGOs.
- Experience in the development and delivery of HEAT, HEIST or HEFAT courses.
Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
- All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references.
- INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card).
- All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.).
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms and Conditions
Official contract with a 3-month probationary period with expected start date asap, Gross salary 70 000 UAH.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to Отправить резюме and reference “Training officer , Kyiv” in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (2-page maximum).
Up to date CV (5-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.