Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for three Logistics Procurement Coordinator (Kyiv ) to support its projects implemented in Ukraine.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
Position: Logistics Procurement Coordinator (Kyiv )
Location: One vacant for each of the following locations:
Kyiv with visits to project locations
Job terms: full-time
Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds and results of performance
Starting date: asap
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since 2015 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of food security protection and livelihoods. PAH Ukraine is currently expanding programming from humanitarian to both early recovery and development-oriented interventions that provide sustainable livelihoods opportunities to the affected population.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Business Requirements- 5%
- Understand the department's business requirements and apply in the day to day work.
- Lead development and coordinate the Procurement Plans of Field Office
- Advise and seek approval of internal customers of modifications from original requests.
- Facilitates across all parties the timely resolution of issues that could impact meeting the needs of the requestor and communities.
- Work with Logistics to ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materials
- Resolve conflicts with deliveries and suppliers
Strategic Sourcing: 20%
- Identifying viable customer alternatives and facilitating access to the ‘best value for money’ for Goods/Works/Services.
- Execute the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the set guidelines based on the set guidelines.
- Manage the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies as per the approved framework for required Goods/Works/Services.
- Assist Field Office Logistics team to increase cost saving through healthy negotiation and ensure effective and efficient services and flexibility.
- Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents and meeting minutes to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision-making process. (Quotation registration from, sealed bids, sample verification report, etc.)
- Lead to develop Product Catalogue for relevant categories procured in Country and Field Offices and support Logistics Manager in determining strategic sourcing.
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management: 10%
- Accurately complete the Procurement Tracker ( which includes contract database, supplier Database etcs)
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, renewal or re-tender, as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
- Ensure that contractual conditions and performance indicators are understood by the suppliers.
- Identify & resolve or escalate contract-related issues both internally and externally.
- Analyze supplier performance based on customer feedback information & other sources and coordinate with supplier for improvement.
- Maintain the supplier intimacy without compromising the ethics and value of PAH.
- Conduct supplier orientation in Country Office and Field as required.
Procurement Planning and Execution: 15%
- Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions Form(PRF), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event if required items are not already on contract/Framework Agreement, update the PRF with actual supplier record and release PRF for approval.
- Follow PAH Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold.
- Manage PO Change requests, pricing revisions, order cancellation and invoice discrepancies by coordinating with Requester, Budget Holder and Suppliers
- Oversee the payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and all reconciling invoices;
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Consolidates all required documentation for presentation to Finance for timely supplier payment for materials and services delivered
Process, Procedure and Policy: 10%
- Conduct all procurement related tasks as per the approved procurement policies, processes and guidelines.
- Lead to formation of Procurement Committee as per Logistics Guideline
- Prepare Quotation Analysis and share relevant information to Committee for their review and prepare necessary documentation.
- Advice management regarding any challenge / risks / impractical guidelines.
- Collect customer feedback relating to the policies, processes and guidelines, and report to Head of Department for improvements or change,
Control and Compliance: 10%
- Conduct supplier pre-qualification for all new-suppliers and maintain records.
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management and/or as per audit standards.
- Ensure the Anti Terrorist Check(ATC) before process of procurement as per PAH Procurement Policies.
- Ensure PAH compliance with the Procurement Principles.
- Participate in development of risk identification & assessment tools, registers and other tools and assessing Logistics and contractual risks for procurement of goods, works or services.
- Implementation of agreed audit recommendations in the procurement process as per the guidance given by the Head of the Department.
- Prepare half yearly/Yearly supplier’s performance evaluation and update the supplier/service provider database accordingly.
Reporting and Analysis: 15%
- Data collection, primary report reviews and consolidation of Procurement Tracker of field and submission of the report on a monthly basis.
- Create, summarize and compile weekly, monthly, quarterly report and analyze the data with key findings
- Analyze savings, PRF vs. PO discrepancies, and fluctuations/variations in procurement KPIs
Training and Capacity Building: 5%
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or train Logistics Staff and other PAH Departments as per PAH Logistics Policies, Processes, and Systems
Other: The above- mentioned responsibilities are not exhaustive of what could be required, additional tasks can be assigned according to projects’ needs.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Procurement and Supply Chain(work experience in humanitarian setting highly desirable)
- University Graduate in in Business Studies/Logistics/Supply Chain Management or equivalent. In addition person with Diploma/Certification in Supply Chain Management is an asset
- Able to communicate (both writing and speaking) in English and Ukrainian
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with a professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility for professional development.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents:
Short resume (max. 2 pages) to be submitted in English language, including relevant information on your education and work experience indicating your salary expectation in USD and availability to start cooperation with PAH.