Эта вакансия уже завершена
Context of intervention
Medicos del Mundo (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
MdM is implementing projects in Ukraine since September 2015. MdM intervenes to improve access and quality of health care services for vulnerable conflict-affected populations, namely internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities in government-controlled areas (GCA) and civilians remaining resident in non-government-controlled areas (NGCA). The project is being implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary outreach units (including Primary health care (PHC), sexual reproductive health (SRH) and Mental health psychosocial support (MHPSS); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
A field team has been in place since June 2015 and is now implementing activities in government-controlled areas in order to:
-Restore access to primary healthcare services for displaced and host populations.
-Improve specialized care for survivors of sexual and gender-based violence for displaced and host populations.
-Improving access to mental health and psychosocial support for displaced and host populations.
-Strengthening the capacities of the Local Health Authorities.
Essential duties / HR
Under the direct supervision of the Health Manager the technical guidance of the DepMedical Coordinator (DepMedCo) and the overall supervision of the Field Coordinator (FieldCo), the CB Health Officer GCA supports, plans, designs, implements and monitors MdM’s activities related to strengthening the health system in GCA of Ukraine.
S/he is also responsible of planning donations of equipment and consumables for the different geographical areas, ensuring the compilation of all sources of verification and final reporting.
Her/his tasks also include the efficient management of any logistics and administrative requirements during this process.
S/he is responsible for the data collection, data analysis and reporting related to these activities, and contributes to the coordination with partners (INGO, NGO and local authorities) at local level.
S/He directly reports to the Health Manager and coordinates closely with the Mental Health Team for the development of teaching materials.
- Conducts needs assessments on demands of the healthcare system (mechanisms, approaches, supplies) and participates in the prioritization of health system needs within the framework of MdM program;
- Conducts needs assessments in capacity building needs including Sexual and Reproductive Health, cross-cutting health issues and proposes activities and strategies of implementation
- Collaborates and participates, in any field survey, data collection and/or needs assessment organized by MdM in relation to strengthening the national health system
Implementation and follow-up
- Ensures the implementation of all MdM activities (capacity strengthening, identification of the healthcare needs) aiming at strengthening the health system in GCA based on international quality standards and MDM guidelines and according to plan and in coordination with the Health Manager.
- Follows up on MdM activities, by implementing monitoring and evaluation systems and supervising the data collection processes, in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Organises and holds coordination meetings between different actors involved in SRH health activities, implements focus group discussions in different geographical areas to ensure evaluation of impact activities in regions.
- Compiles interim and final reports for activities based on program achievements.
- Analyses the data collected in relation to community-based interventions, capacity building activities and puts in place corrective measures when needed, in coordination with the Health Manager.
- Liaises with authorities to validate implementation plans, guidelines and other medical material.
- To supervise the MdM donation component, including preparation of relevant documentation on procurement of medical equipment and commodities.
- To supervise the forecasting of donation needs.
- Preparation of donation reports required for donors.
- Promotion of RHI SRH, GBV and other important topics among Health workers.
- Ensure the proper informational materials on sites.
- Determination and work with community focal points.
- To provide recommendations on COVID 19 regularly through various channels based on updated WHO protocols and MOH orders.
- Conduct overall field operation of COVID-19 related projects.
- To ensure that COVID-19 response meet high standards in design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure that MDM staff comply with the infection prevention and control measures (IPC).
- Technically support data analysis and draft the mapping of needs for COVID 19 training, development of training materials, information sheets on infection prevention and control.
- Reports on activities to the Health Manager, including analysis of the situation and suggestions to improve MdM’s activities related to strengthening the national health system.
- Collects records of qualitative data (testimonials and stories) that can be used to showcase activities of MdM.
- Develops and implements feedback systems for beneficiaries of any MDM health related activities
- To participate in meetings and workshops with local/international organisations and local authorities upon request of the Health Manager.
- To be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting the best quality services.
- To respect MDM principles/values.
- To maintain full confidentiality for all work-related information
- To perform any additional duty on request of the Health Manager or Coord team.
Hierarchical and Functional links
Hierarchical link: Health Manager
Technical link: Deputy Medical Coordinator, Med Coordinator
- Medical Doctor
- Significant experience working with NGOs
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Knowledge of overall organization of the healthcare system and Sexual Reproductive Health subjects
- Knowledge of national and international guidelines and standards especially related to healthcare system strengthening and community-based interventions
- Experience in project management
Personal skills required:
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives, proactive,
- Organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Team work spirit
- Gender sensitive
English - Intermediate level
Russian / Ukrainian - Fluent writing and speaking
Computer skills - very Good knowledge of office tools (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Send CV + cover letter;
- Fixed term contract (till the end of 2022);
- Salary according to the MDM salary Grid;
- Medical insurance.
- Full -time job
- Location: Сhernivtsi
Please note: Every application unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered as desestimated.