Эта вакансия уже завершена
Context of intervention
For more than 20 years, Medicos del Mundo (MdM), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations domestically and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
MdM has been implementing programs in conflict affected regions of Ukraine since September 2015. MdM intervenes to improve access and quality of health care services for vulnerable conflict affected populations across Ukraine, namely internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities in government-controlled areas (GCA) and civilians remaining resident in non-government-controlled areas (NGCA).
A field team has been in place since June 2015 and is now implementing activities in government- and non-government-controlled areas of Luhansk and Donetsk Oblast in order to:
- Restore access to primary healthcare services for displaced and host populations.
- Improve specialized care for survivors of gender-based violence for displaced and host populations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the General Coordinator, Logistic Coordinator and Field Coordinators in the overall management of security in the programme through the collection and dissemination of relevant security information.
- Provide regular, concise, and clear verbal and written security updates to General Coordinator and HQ Security focal points
- Ensure security information is stored in accessible electronic and paper systems.
- Participate, and represent MDM, in Ukraine based security information networks and other forums (INSO, CIMIC, HAT).
Advising and facilitating security management
- Update and ensure the existence of a functioning and updated security management documentations included in the Security Plan, including:
- Context analysis (internal & external), including incident maps, stakeholder analysis, review of existing security management arrangements, risk analysis.
- Scenario planning, including recommendations on appropriate interventions (programme objectives, scope, outputs, based on judgements about access and security risk), capacity needs for scenarios (training, resources, infrastructure) and evacuation.
- Develop and adapt Standard Operational Procedures required for the Emergency Response evolution, such as Cross-Boarding, Shelter, Access and negotiation and communication procedures.
- Security assessment of Supply Chain operations from logistic Hubs to final destinations.
- Follow-up on delocalized staff and ensure security recommendations and assessments are shared with them prior to new delocalization’s decisions done by individuals.
- Monitor the security situation in all programme areas in Ukraine, in liaison with key internal and external sources; conduct/monitor daily security checks and provide analysis as necessary; make recommendations for appropriate action by coordination team.
- Security assessment of MDM facilities in new areas of operation (office, warehouse, logistic hubs)
- Develop a process for security and safety improvements and requirements and track timeframes for implementation, in line with available donor funds, and in coordination with the HQ Security Focal points, Logistic Coordinator and General Coordinator
- Provide timely and practical security information to General Coordinator and Logistic Coordinator in general which includes analysis and identifying of key security aspects, implications on access (present and future) and possible impacts on organizational programming and reputation.
- Undertake site/area assessments as well as security risk assessments and facilitate the implementation of corresponding mitigation measures.
- Support coordinators to implement agreed security procedures, ensuring that all staff are familiar with and adhere to the policy and procedures of MDM and are informed of changes in security levels or procedures.
- Review and make recommendations on procedures related to international and national staff movement in-country
- Support the General Coordinator and Logistic Coordinator to monitor the implementation of the Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), crisis plans, evacuation procedures, and security briefings, helping in their updating as instructed by the General Coordinator.
- Author monthly security reports with contextual evidence of changes in patterns and trends that may affect operations and disseminate to relevant people.
- Give effective and accurate security briefings for existing staff, all new staff and visitors
- Ensure all process and procedures related to administration, communication and transport are in place to facilitate good security management.
- Develop and facilitate good relations with key stakeholders such as INSO, among others
- Liaise with relevant security authorities in ensuring MDM fulfils security-related regulations such as obtaining necessary clearance letters.
- Analyse physical structures within base locations in relation to security procedures and implement, with the assistance of relevant staff, amendments to structures and procedures
- Collate yearly budget cost for submission to the General Coordinator to ensure all locations are as per MOSS standards
- Conduct quarterly site security assessments to ensure compliance of security standards
- Manage guard force if engaged internally or externally
- Any additional security-related duties as determined by the General Coordinator and HQ Security Focal Point
- Based on an assessment of training needs, to develop, support, facilitate and/or deliver security and safety training to all staff members
- On top of pre-existing training, deliver Safety and Security related training to ex-pat and national staff
- Update operational safety tools (e.g., standard operating procedures, site security plans, contingency plans) in accordance with MDM regional and global Management System and monitor staff compliance and report breach or trespass to HQ Security Focal Point and General Coordinator.
- Ensure program complies with Global Security Policies, Procedures and Security Standards and raises concerns to HQ Security Focal Points and General Coordinator.
- Respond where required to internal security incidents and implement respective response needs
- Act as part of the in-country Coordination Team and a key member of the Incident Management Team
Hierarchical & Functional links
Hierarchical link: General Coordinator
Functional link: Field Coordinators and Logistical Coordinator
Background of the candidate
- Humanitarian background or deep understanding of the sector
- At least 3 years security management experience, preferrable experience within Ukraine
- Practical security planning and implementation experience gained in the context of relief operations in insecure areas
- Experience in identifying key risk and threats and the ability to transmit in a timely and accurate manner
- Experience of working in conflict-affected areas and of associated risks to personal and organisational security
- Experience of working with teams of people with varying experience of security planning and management including staff with little or no security understanding
- Experience and ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Understanding/experience of NGO security management
- Ability to build a positive security and safety culture within the program
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- High level of maturity and flexibility
- English language skills and ability to write precise and detailed reports
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of stakeholder in a professional manner
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Ability to advise and support field staff in a consultative and positive manner.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work with a wide variety of staff with different cultural background.
- Professional security qualification
- Proven continuing professional development within chosen skill set
- Health and Safety qualification
- Self-motivation, and the capacity to work with limited or at times no supervision
- Ability to work remotely with limited management oversight and support
- Experience and acceptance of working in remote locations (with limited/no electricity, internet, etc)
- Able to work under pressure, deliver high-quality work within deadlines and meet team objectives
- 100% commitment to MDM’s mission, values and approach and the safety of staff and visitors
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Prior INGO experience, ideally in security management or advisory role.
- Experience and knowledge of the context and ability to analyse the changing security environment
- Understanding or qualification of Investigation processes
Location of assignment
- 60% of time in Coordination team base (currently Chernivtsiand Kyiv), 40% in field assessments.
- Send CV + cover letter;
- Fixed term contract (till the end of 2022);
- Salary according to the MDM salary Grid;
- Medical insurance.
- Full -time job
- Location: Kyiv
Please note: Every application unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered as desestimated.
Position will be filled on an onrolling basis.