Эта вакансия уже завершена
HelpAge and Strategy 2030 – delivering real impact for older people
HelpAge International works with partners and a diverse global network of more than 150 organizations across 85 countries, supporting millions of older people to live safe, dignified and healthy lives. Through our partnership and collaborations, we work to ensure the inclusion of older people across society and strive to deliver a just and fair world for everyone, whatever their age. Our work is driven by our desire to deliver real impact for older people, to be inclusive, to work in partnership and to learn from our shared experience.
HelpAge International (HAI) has been working in Ukraine since 2014 with a total workforce of 700+ people. As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, we were able to respond quickly to the current Ukraine crisis and scaled up our support in the Central and Western Regions of Ukraine. Our support includes cash assistance to the most at risk older people, food distribution, distribution of non-food items (I.e., health and dignity kits), protection, and mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS).
The Psychosocial Officer will support implementation of HAI MHPSS and protection activities to meet the needs of older people with and without disabilities. Specifically, the responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Attend the MHPSS Technical Working Group meetings in your oblast
· Follow relevant MHPSS guidelines when planning / delivering PSS interventions
· Visit older people who are home bound to provide psychosocial support (on referral from social care workers conducting home-based care)
· Develop training plan and facilitate training to other HelpAge staff on PSS, burnout, stress management, etc.
· Provide technical PSS guidance and trainings for social workers (I.e., PFA)
· Refer older people to additional services as needed (I.e., specialized psychological needs)
· Attend regular supervision / case review sessions to ensure quality support and accountability
· Integrate PSS and Protection programming by working closely with Protection Officer(s)
· Undertake any other duties assigned by line manager
· Experience working in emergency settings and with vulnerable populations
· Experience providing PSS to vulnerable populations
- University degree or certificate in a mental health related field
· Solid understanding of how to provide psychological first aid (PFA) in an emergency setting
· Understanding of the PSS and protection challenges facing older people in Ukraine
· Resourceful and able to work independently and as part of a team
· Proven ability to learn quickly and open to feedback
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
· Willingness to travel and work in remote field sites
· Strong empathy, communication, and listening skills
· Experience working with a case management approach
· Experience facilitating referrals
· Experience in training and capacity building
· Experience of working with humanitarian INGOs/NGOs and UN agencies
· Knowledge and understanding of the IASC MHPSS guidelines and humanitarian standards
· Experience in community-based protection and/or MHPSS
· Fluency in Ukrainian and English
At HelpAge International, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be change makers and leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our values, challenging themselves every day to identify issues that are most important to older people and their communities, and to make an impact that matters.
In addition, as an HelpAge employee you are expected to:
· Work collaboratively, building mutual trust and respect, with external organizations and partners to achieve our strategic aims and objectives; being accountable for the work you do together
· Adapt to new directions or opportunities arising within the organization and in your work area; being flexible in your role, constantly using the feedback to learn more and evolve further.
· Lead behavioral and cultural change through embracing a supportive, collaborative and highly inclusive environment where everybody feels supported, respected and engaged
· Extend HelpAge’s reach and impact, by creating and identifying new business development opportunities and building relationships with new partners.
· Lead and promote a culture of including the voices of older people across our support, convening and thought leadership roles, in a way that is transformative, empowering and highly inclusive of those marginalized by gender, economic status, disability and other factors of discrimination.
HelpAge International is committed to safeguarding the communities with which we work, our partners, staff and any others who we come into contact with.
Therefore, you will also be responsible for:
· Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations and programmes, to anyone that encounters our work;
· Reporting all safeguarding incidents you see, hear, hear about or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism;
· Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
· Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and complying with HR vetting procedures