Contract: Full-time position
About the organization:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. International Medical Corps has started its operations in Ukraine in cooperation with local partner organizations to address the immediate needs of people affected by the hostilities in Donbas region by increasing access to quality protection services, and supporting capacity-building of local actors to ensure sustained delivery of the vital services.
The Regional Psychosocial Support Program Officer will work together with Kyiv IMC team and partner organizations in Kramatorsk, Druzhkivka, and Artemivs'k to support day-to-day activities and achieve the following results:
· Efficient implementation of psychosocial support (PSS) capacity building projects with partner organizations;
· Coordination and information sharing between IMC Kyiv office and regional partner organizations;
· Advocacy and dissemination of "IASC Guidelines for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings" to regional PSS service providers, including NGOs, state social service providers, state emergency service providers;
· Coordination of Referral Mapping for PSS and other services for conflict-affected populations in the relevant region.
How to Apply:
· Qualified individuals should submit their applications as soon as possible; deadline for submitting applications - February 17, 2017. A complete cover letter and resume in English, copy of diploma and two references in Ukrainian, English or Russian that can confirm the required qualifications and experience should be included in the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.
IMC is an equal opportunity organization that strives for diversity and employs qualified personnel without regard to gender, race, physical disability, religion, or ethnicity.