The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of ICT Specialist in its sub-delegation in Kyiv.
The position holder provides workplace and helpdesk ICT services. Under supervision (s)he is involved in standard ICT installations and troubleshooting.
- Provides day-to-day technical support to end-users of desktop applications, telephones, printers, computers and any other ICT standard equipment;
- Installs, maintains, repairs and monitors workplace equipment in line with ICRC standards;
- Under supervision may be involved in standard ICT infrastructure installation (beyond workplace equipment);
- Briefs end-users on standard computer systems (hardware and/or software), provides technical advice and assistance with IT equipment and its use and provides remote support when needed;
- Ensures inventory is updated as per procedures and carries out regular physical checks; manages stocks;
- Allocates equipment in an efficient manner, taking into account users' needs and ICRC policies;
- Keeps track of equipment allocations, dispatches equipment and follows up on shipments to and from other ICRC sites;
- Places orders for parts, equipment and tools, locally or in Geneva, according to standing procedures and in collaboration with the administration and logistics;
- Keeps technical documentation up to date for all IT installations as per defined standards.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ukrainian citizenship;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, electronics, computer science or similar field;
- Good command (spoken and written) of English;
- Very good ICT knowledge;
- Troubleshooting experience in an area of the ICT service catalogue (e.g., workplace services, telecommunications, IT, help desk, etc.) a strong asset.
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Good team player.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 working day`s vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 19 March 2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/