Эта вакансия уже завершена
HEKS/EPER is looking MEAL FIELD OFFICER. Base in Dnipro or Slavyansk with field trips.
A Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer manages information and reporting processes and ensure professional, high-quality communication in an organization's activities and results. Under direct management of the MEAL Manager in implementing safe, dignified and efficient activities for beneficiaries. S/he accompanies Program teams in the field and ensures tht MEAL guidelines are respected and that MEAL templates and tools are properly used. S/he ensures the data collection is done properly during assessments, distributions and monitoring surveys. S/he also ensures implementing partners, daily workers and contractors are aware of MEAL standard.
The successful candidate will be monitoring HEKS/EPER activities in the Donetsk oblast (Sloviansk, Kramatorsk, Kostiantynivka). S/he can decide to be based in HEKS/EPER office either in Sloviansk (preferred option) or Dnipro. In any case s/he should plan to spend around 70% of the time on the field. Possible arrangements can be discussed during the interview.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Planning and organization
- Apply safety standards, monitor the context. In case of a critical situation, communicate necessary information to the direct supervisor.
- In collaboration with the area manager, the team leader and the logisitics deparment, support supply chains and coordinates deliveries for Shelter / WaSH operations.
- In collaboration with the area manager and the team leader, work accordingly to HEKS procedures, and programme tools established during the mission are respected.
- In collaboration with the area manager and the team leaders, support the basic functioning of the field base and assist other departments in needs assessments.
MEAL activity implementation
- Collaborate with stakeholders in his/her area of intervention and facilitate activities and identify needs.
- Promote humanitarian principles and the common speech of HEKS to facilitate acceptance by local communities.
- Ensure adequate use of MEAL tools (database, spreadsheets, questionnaires, assessment forms, etc.) in order to contribute to continual improvement and strengthening of the data management system.
- Ensure proper understanding of MEAL guidelines and methodology at base level.
- Define sampling size for assessments and PDM, with support from MEAL Manager
- Along with IM Assistant, review data in the system to make sure it is correctly entered.
- Analyze database and provide feedback to program teams on project performances
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement of the data management system.
- Liaise with local partners and Program teams to identify and promote referral pathways.
- Ask feedback from Program teams on MEAL activities (difficulties, possible solutions, changing approach, etc.)
- Train and support implementing partners (sub-grantees), in collaboration with Partnership Manager, on MEAL guidelines and tools, and make sure they correctly provide required documents.
MEAL reporting & follow-up
- Report on the progress of MEAL activities on a daily basis, by updating database and sharing key information with Line manager.
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Area Manager and MEAL Manager.
- Support Program teams in assessment reports and activity reports.
- Participate in the field work and transfers beneficiaries’ queries to CRM Officer
- Provide weekly or monthly reports as needed or requested by the Area Manager and MEAL Manager;
- Contribute to lessons learning sessions, make feedback on the quality of the activities implemented in a result-oriented way, to improve the assistance provided to beneficiaries.
- Number and Level of Employees Supervised - according to the organizational chart.
Competencies & requirements
Language skills: Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian (speaking/reading/writing), Intermediate in English is desirable.
Education degree: Secondary diploma (including but not limited to: in Social Sciences, Health, Quality Management, etc.)
Work experience: 6-month experience in NGOs/On-site training in social or monitoring work is mandatory. Relevant work experience in data management and/or data analysis is desirable.
- Solid use of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook) is compulsory.
- Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau or similar visualization tool is desirable
- Knowledge of mobile data collection platforms (e.g., KoboToolbox or other ODK-based including XLS form coding and troubleshooting) is desirable
- Knowledge of GIS packages (e.g. QGIS) is desirable
- Knowledge of managing data protection, including data encryption, user and group management, views, and security modes is desirable
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Very good team spirit
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities,
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Well organized and attention to details
- Conflict resolution and diplomatic skills
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvement
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Ability to work within a team.
- Official employment.
- Employment agreement - duration of the contract is 4 months extendable based on performance and availability of budget.
- Competitive and decent salary - € 1 550,00
- Social package in accordance with the Labor Code.
- Equipped workplace.
- Medical insurance etc.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to Відправити резюме . We are waiting for your CV until 03.05.2023.
Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information through e-mail, please check it.