Эта вакансия уже завершена
HEKS/EPER is looking Security Officer. Base in Kyiv with the possibility of field trips.
Security Officer assesses, manages, and mitigates risks to which the teams, assets, premises and HEKS/EPER Ukraine as an organisation are exposed through the management of information, the implementation of an appropriate security strategy (acceptance, protection, deterrence) and constant evaluation and update of the security management tools. Under the supervision of Security Manager and in cooperation with programme and operation teams, s/he ensures security policies and procedures are respected and daily tasks executed in a safe environment. For this purpose, s/he maintains solid network of contacts in his/her area of intervention and ensures
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Security Information Management
- Creates and maintains security network of contacts (NGOs, Embassies, Civil Society, etc.) in their area of intervention
- Follows up on international, national and local media, OSINT
- Systematically analyses security and context information and contributes to daily reports from the field
- Ensures escalation of information to Area Security Manager and further to Country Security Coordinator and Country Director
- Contributes to weekly, monthly, and annual security reporting related to the evolution of context and incidents.
- Prepares drafts of relevant security alerts and warnings and submits them to the Area Security Manager for finalisation and dissemination
2. Networking and representation
- Meets and informs local stakeholders to promote HEKS/EPER’s values and principles as part of the acceptance strategy
- Organises and conducts security meetings at field level to ensure smooth field operation
- Creates and maintains network of local contacts to stay informed and facilitate access and security for field teams
- Ensures daily checks within his/her security network to feed into validation of daily movements and programme planning
3. Risk assessment and management
- Contribute to compilation of risk matrix for the country office and regular risk assessment of premises, zones of intervention etc.
- Proposes specific security rules for their areas of intervention to Area Security Manager
- Ensures adherence to risk mitigation measures in the field
- In case of incidents, prepare or support the preparation of incident reports. If requested by his line manager, s/he oversees the incident follow-up at field level.
- Conducts security briefings and trainings for implementation teams in the field
4. Safety and Security Administration and Office Work
- Conducts regular safety and security audits in field offices and all HEKS/EPER vehicles in his/her area of intervention to ensure all adequate equipment is in place
- Ensures security assessment of all premises and operational areas if requested by Area Security Manager
- Maintains security equipment in good shape and ensures expiration dates (if applicable) are monitored and stuff replaced in due course
- Provides safety and security briefings to field staff and potential visitors and ensures they are trained on the use of relevant security equipment
- Experience in security management in NGO sector or similar
- 2+ years of experience working in security related field (logistics, coordination, operations, security)
- Intercultural awareness
- Experience in information management and context analysis
- Sound understanding of the country context
- Ability to consolidate and analyse information from various sources and provide adequate reporting
- Operational Security Management
- Sound knowledge of Ukrainian context
- Knowledge of NGO operational procedures is an asset
- Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office package & Windows; good communication skills
Russian and Ukrainian essential; knowledge of English on conversational level
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to Відправити резюме . Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.