Эта вакансия уже завершена
Shelter / Wash field officer
HEKS/EPER is looking SHELTER / WASH FIELD OFFICER. Base in Kharkiv with the possibility of field trips.
Under the direct supervision of the Shelter / WaSH Team Leader, the Shelter / WaSH Field Officer is responsible for the qualitative, quantitative and timely implementation of the Water Sanitation & Hygiene activities. He/she directly implements or supervise the implementation of the hardware activities (water supply, sanitation, plumbing, masonry) with the help of beneficiaries, daily workers, partners or contractors
Tasks and responsibilities
Planning and organization
- Apply safety standards, monitor the context. In case of a critical situation, communicate necessary information to direct supervisor.
- In collaboration with team leader and logisitics / procurement officer, support supply chains and coordinate deliveries for Livelihood operations.
- In collaboration with the team leader, work accordingly to HEKS procedures, and report activities in program tools / database established for Shelter / WaSH operations.
- In collaboration with the area manager and the team leader, support the basic functioning of the field base and assist other departments in needs assessments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in his/her area of intervention in order to facilitate activities and identify needs.
- Promote humanitarian principles and the common speech of HEKS to facilitate acceptance by local communities.
- In collaboration with the area manager and the team leader, contribute to the design and delivery of Shelter / WaSH programming in the area of intervention.
- Ensure the critical steps for successful implementation are respected and documented through sources of verification and pictures.
- Respect the design and required quality of the works (technical specifications and methodology);
- Provide technical guidance to Field Workers, daily workers and Community members.
- Inform immediately the Shelter / WaSH Team Leader any delay in planning or technical challenge in the execution of works.
- Inform immediately the Shelter / WaSH Team Leader any difficulty regarding relations with implementing partners, daily workers, community members or contractors.
Reporting & follow-up
- Report on the progress of Shelter / Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities on a daily basis, by updating database and sharing key information with Line manager.
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Manager.
- Participate in the field work and respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information.
Number of people to manage and their position
- No direct management
- Technical supervision of daily workers or contractors is possible, according to the activities implemented
- Functional links with Livelihood Field Officers, MEAL Field Officers and IM Assistants
Competencies & requirements
Language skills: Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian (speaking/reading/writing), Intermediate in English is desirable.
Education degree: Baccalaureate, Secondary diploma (including but not limited to: Social Sciences, Quality Management, Economics, Public Health, etc.)
Work experience: 6-month experience in NGOs/On-site training in field work is mandatory. Relevant work experience in construction and/or water supply is desirable.
- Solid use of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook) is compulsory.
- Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau or similar visualization tool is desirable
- Knowledge of mobile data collection platforms (e.g., KoboToolbox or other ODK-based including XLS form coding and troubleshooting) is desirable
- Knowledge of GIS packages (e.g. QGIS) is desirable
- Knowledge of managing data protection, including data encryption, user and group management, views, and security modes is desirable
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Very good team spirit
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities,
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Well organized and attention to details
- Conflict resolution and diplomatic skills
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvement
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Ability to work within a team.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to Відправити резюме . We are waiting for your CV until 08.05.2023.
Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information through e-mail, please check it.