Эта вакансия уже завершена
The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and governed in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine.
The PFRU’s aim is to set improved conditions for the Ukrainian state, in partnership with civil society and the private sector, to lead on inclusive national recovery and revitalization in the context of Russia’s aggression. This outcome is designed to facilitate the rebuilding of a more resilient, socially cohesive, inclusive, independent, democratic, sovereign and prosperous Ukraine. The PFRU provides funds to Ukrainian and international delivery partners and implements projects based on research and evidence.
The senior manager is responsible for monitoring and completing tasks related to project management, technical capacity, and management and leadership.
- Record expenditures in PFRU’s financial systems. Prepare checks, receipts, journals and assist with entering payments in banking systems.
- Handle vendors' and suppliers' accounts including invoices, general ledger maintenance, journal entries and account reconciliation. Carry out correct and timely payments to vendors and service providers.
- Review all payment requests generated by the program, ensuring that all back-up documentation and approvals are available for transactions.
- Assist the Finance and HR Director and Deputy Team Lead (Finance & Ops) in the processing of monthly field office project expenditures (locals) in financial system and submit locals to the home office on monthly basis. Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation and assist with preparing Wire Transfer request.
- Assist with ad hoc financial monitoring and analysis of grants as needed, in coordination with other staff.
- Assist with maintaining proper financial data and financial files. Ensure all financial documentation is filed in both hard copy and soft and saved in project digital files.
- Assists with the compiling and review of field staff timesheets for the Finance & HR Director so that payroll is processed in a timely and accurate fashion, ensuring the accuracy of the information included in the annual and sick leave trackers.
- Assist in reviewing financial back-up documents for operational and programmatic expenses for the Finance & HR Director so that payments are issued in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assist with processing expense reports and and assist with petty cash management.
- Assist with financial tracking of local sub-contractors and fixed price contracts as needed.
- Collect verification documents from local Short-Term Technical Assistants (STTAs) and prepare verification packages for the Finance &HR Director review. Liaise with STTAs to draft short-term service agreements and execute Acts of Acceptance in a timely manner.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, requisitions, and other forms of documents of consequence to be signed by the management.
- Prepare monthly VAT reports for the submission to the local tax authorities.
- Liaise with project field office(s) to ensure seamless financial operations between offices.
- Cover for the Accountant or Finance & HR Director in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance & HR Manager.
Accountant will have the following qualifications and experience requirements:
- A degree in accounting, business, or commerce
- Knowledge of Ukrainian tax regulations is strongly preferred.
- Experience administering a payroll is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and administrative support
- Ability to effectively use computer software including financial management applications such as ABACUS or others, word processing and other MS Access applications.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Professional level in English, fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
The Accountant will report to the Finance & HR Director
Possible remote work
Apply using the following link by April 17th. For roles requiring English language skills, English language CVs are preferred (but not required). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Application link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a44f8791237c4df2a2c0d3d2ad86b2ca