Psychologist \ remotely
ABOUT THE JOB
Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
CODE OF CONDUCT
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
Overall purpose of the role:
Providing psychological support remotely to patients according to PHprinciples, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’mental health in MMUs operating in assigned areas
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients andestablishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment.
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol,identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them toavailable services.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions(individual, family, group) to patients according to PH protocols inorder to improve their mental health conditions.
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful peoplewhenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MHactivities.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental healthactivities.
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Psychosocial studies; candidate with degrees inPsychology/Psychotherapy/ Medical Psychologist/Clinical Psychologistpreferred.
- 4-5 years of experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.