Эта вакансия уже завершена
Health Coordinator (English required: B2/C1)
English required: B2/C1
ABOUT THE JOB
Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
CODE OF CONDUCT
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
Travel required up to 25% of time.
The Consultant will participate as a member of Project HOPE’s Emergency Response team in support of the current situation in Ukraine, will provide operational support in the project related activities related to humanitarian aid, monitoring & evaluation, and technical support to health programs to improve the quality and effectiveness of field programs focused on several oblasts of Ukraine. The incumbent works closely with field personnel, with periodic travel around the Ukraine:
- Carry out assessments of health facilities, including hospitals and health clinics to determine current or anticipated needs in terms of supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and staffing.
- Facilitate local procurement of needed medical and relief supplies for distribution to medical facilities or other facilities and groups providing relief and support to affected populations, which can include community centers, shelters, volunteer organizations, schools, etc.
- Identify other potential response activities or anticipated response needs, including deployment of mobile medical teams, support to volunteer groups, provision of surge support to local medical facilities, etc.
- Liaise with government officials to ensure all activities are carried out with necessary approvals and proper coordination.
- Coordinate with UN agencies and other civil society groups, including Ukrainian and international non-governmental organizations.
- Identify additional team members as needed to enhance the relief effort, including logistics, finance, and project coordinators. Provide overall leadership to the team as it is established.
- Provide regular situational analyses covering security, health and humanitarian updates.
- Provide inputs on budgetary needs for current and planned relief activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in directly relevant area required, Master’s degree preferred
- One to three years’ experience with international health programs highly preferred,
- Experience in communication with high volume of diverse stakeholders (cold and warm contacts)
- Experience in providing administrative support
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills is desirable. Minimum English requirement: B2/C1
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with field and home office staff to ensure quality and productivity.
- Proficiency with computers both in word processing and data gathering spreadsheet programs, with presentation and report writing capability
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work with a minimum of supervision and direction.
- Able to think creatively and critically about programs and activities, in order to challenge the status quo and promote continuous improvement.
- Identifies with Project HOPE Mission, Vision and core values.