Эта вакансия уже завершена
Position: Project Officer
Location of Work: Kyiv, Ukraine
Contract Duration: 6 months with a possibility for an extension (3 months trial period)
Direct Supervisor for the Project: Country Representative of Peace Winds Japan (PW) and Program Coordinator
Organization Information and Objective
Peace Winds Japan (PW) is a Japanese non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to the support of people in distress, and threatened by conflict, poverty, or other turmoil. With its headquarters in Japan, PW is currently operational in many parts of the world.
You can find full info about PW here: https://peace-winds.org/en/about.html
Since the escalation of aggression by Russian Forces on February 24th 2022, the Organization has provided humanitarian assistance in Ukraine via local partners which cover the sectors of Health (medical supplies), Protection, Food, NFI as well as MHPSS, with high possibility to expand in coming months.
PW is currently preparing to start a new projects in response to the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, supporting the conflict affected population in different parts of the country.
The responsibilities and tasks of the Project Officer are connected to activities currently and potentially to be implemented in Ukraine by the Peace Winds Japan:
- Assist and support Programme Coordinators in all aspects of project management including preparation of new project proposals, facilitates preparation of all necessary supporting studies and reports;
- Participates in preparation of technical documentation needed for reporting on the progress of existing and future PW projects implemented in Ukraine or pertaining to Ukraine crisis;
- Takes part in humanitarian cluster meetings, ad-hoc meetings related to Ukraine crisis, prepares short memos on the content of meetings;
- Serves as a liaison between PW management/Programme Coordinators and local implementing partners to ensure timeliness of project implementation and contents of project reporting;
- Work in tandem with monitoring and evaluation team to develop monitoring schedule, indicators, surveys, questionnaires for alignment with project outputs;
- Together with monitoring and evaluation team, facilitate the overall process of activities of the team, consultations of monitoring activities with implementing partners, preparation of field trip and engagement with beneficiaries, contribute to drafting monitoring visit reports and follow-up;
- Maintain relevant project-related documentation, while keeping them in order in an electronic form as well as in paper formats for certain types of documents;
- Together with monitoring and evaluation team, provide support in conducting evaluation and develop evaluation report for each project implemented by PW in Ukraine;
- Support PW communications team in identifying communications themes, gathering necessary information, facilitating site visits and drafting reports to report on the impact of PW projects;
- Together with Finance Officer, liaise with local implementing partners to ensure submittal of necessary financial documentation as per PWJ and donor requirements;
- Contribute to monthly and final reporting of humanitarian projects implemented by PW;
- Translate from Ukrainian or Russian into English, whenever required during project development and implementation; and
- Fulfillment of other tasks as required by necessities of project implementation.
The Project Officer must fulfill the following conditions and have the following qualifications and experience:
- At least Master’s degree or equivalent (desirably in social science, management, business, public administration, or related fields);
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian and development field
- Professionally proficient in spoken and written English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Relevant professional record (proposal/budget writing, institutional fundraising, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to carry out work independently with attention to details;
- Demonstrated ability to form constructive engagement with project stakeholders and donors; and
- Excellent skills in interpersonal, oral/written communications and presentation.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and on Humanitarian Standards;
- Public speaking ability, such as through presentations, workshops, trainings;
- Demonstrated competence in multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, strategic thinking, and delivery of measurable results;
Fluent in English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken;
Good report writing skills in English;
- Good communication skills;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, E-mail, accountant software);
- Experience in project monitoring;
- Ability to work in a team.
Standard working hours: according to the regulations of PW.
A reasonable degree of flexibility is expected when and where required.
Applicants must send Curriculum Vitae (CV) with salary expectations by email below indicating the vacancy in the subject which you are applying for.
The deadline of application is at 17:00, 14th of April, 2023.
After the evaluation of the CV, selected applicants will be invited for an interview.
*Travel expenses for the interview is the applicant's responsibility.