Эта вакансия уже завершена
Pharmacy store keeper
THE ALIMA ASSOCIATION
ALIMA’S ETHOS: ALIMA’s purpose is to save lives and provide care for the most vulnerable populations, without any discrimination based on identity, religion or politics, through actions based on proximity, innovation, and the alliance of organizations and individuals. We act with humanity and impartiality in accordance with universal medical ethics. To gain access to patients, we undertake to act in a neutral and independent manner.
Our CHARTER defines the VALUES and PRINCIPLES of our action:
- Patient First – Patient centered medical care
- Revolutionizing humanitarian medicine through research
- Responsibility and freedom: encourage decision-making by those closest to patients
- Commitment to a dynamic of continuous quality improvement
- Creating a climate of trust among colleagues
- Collective intelligence
- Environmental liability
ALIMA promotes and defends the principles of fundamental human rights. ALIMA has a zero-tolerance approach to those guilty of acts of gender-based and sexual violence as well as to inaction in the face of alleged or proven acts of violence. Protecting the people who benefit and are impacted by our intervention is our top priority in everything we do. Anyone working with ALIMA is committed to :
- Respect the charter, the code of conduct, institutional policies including the policy of protection against abuses of power and gender-based and sexual violence, the policy of preventing corruption and fraud ;
- Report any violations to policies, framework documents and proceedings to a superior, referral
CARING - INNOVATING - TOGETHER:
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 7 million patients. Today ALIMA works in 12 countries in Western and Central Africa. In 2020, we developed 41 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflict, epidemics and extreme poverty. All of these projects support national health authorities through nearly 357 health structures (including 45 hospitals and 312 health centers). We work in partnership, especially with local NGOs, whenever possible to ensure that our patients benefit from the expertise wherever it is, whether in their country or the rest of the world. In addition, to improve the humanitarian response, we are carrying out operational and clinical research projects, particularly in the field of the fight against malnutrition and hemorrhagic viral fevers. ALIMA is also leading operations in response to the covid-19 pandemic across all of our missions.
ALIMA’S TEAM: More than 2000 people currently work for ALIMA. The field teams, as close as possible to the patients, receive their support from the coordination teams generally based in the capitals of the countries of intervention. These receive support from the 4 desk teams and the emergency and opening service team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal. The Paris and New York teams are actively working on fundraising as well as representing ALIMA. The rest of the ALIMA Galaxy includes individuals and partner teams who work on behalf of other organizations such as medical NGOs BEFEN, ALERTE Sante, SOS Medecins / KEOOGO, AMCP, research organizations PACCI, INSERM, Universities of Bordeaux or Copenhagen, the NGO Solidarites International and many others.
COUNTRIES WHERE WE WORK: Mali, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Guinea,South Sudan, Mauritania, Sudan and Ukraine.
THE WORK WE DO covers: Primary and Secondary Health Care, with a main focus on children and women - including treatment and prevention of acute malnutrition, maternal health, mental health, response to epidemics (Ebola, Cholera, Measles, Dengue, Lassa Fever), surgery, displaced populations, and gender based violence, Covid 19.
ALIMA in Ukraine
Mission Location: Mykolaiv Oblast and potential movements in the neighborhood Oblasts
We will focus our efforts in the South of Ukraine to provide emergency primary health care and support to hospitals in the war zone of Mykolaiv Oblast and around. The main objective is to reduce the mortality and suffering among the population affected by the war in this area through 4 axes:
- Reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with chronic diseases and communicable diseases among the isolated population in Mykolaiv Oblast
- Reduce the mental health burden through psychological care in Mykolaiv Oblast
- Support hospitals to deliver trauma and intensive health care in Mykolaiv City
- Ensuring a rapid response mechanism to delivere health care support to affected population
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
Functional link with the project pharmacist
He/she reports to the medical referent for the project
He/she collaborates and interacts with the ALIMA team and its partners.
The main mission of the pharmacy store keeper/ drug dispenser is to manage the stocks and supplies of medications and medical equipment at project level and to ensure proper drugs distribution during mobile clinic in order to support ALIMA’s medical activities in Mykolaiv
- Follow-up of orders, supply and Medical stock management
Trained and coached by the pharmacist on the steps and tools of stock management, the pharmacy stock manager ensures:
- quality of order reception :
- the controls to do : Check that the contents of the boxes received correspond to the shipping documents and that none are damaged. If not, declare the anomalies.
- the documents to be kept : Establish the reception report (acknowledgement of receipt) and transmit it to the medical referent and the logistics coordinator.
- Apply the rules to follow and implementation of control tools:
- support by describing each element of good storage practices according to FEFO rules, according to ALIMA standards and according to the needs of separate stock management by donors.
- Ensure the cleanliness and spatial organization of the stock according to the management protocol in place.
- Ensure that medications are properly stored and stored according to the management protocol in place
- Conduct general inventory according to the pre-established work plan.
- Manage expiration dates and inform the Medical Referent or Medical coordinator in advance of product expiration dates
- Quarantine expired products destined for destruction and/or expiration date in agreement with the country pharmacy manager or the medical referent.
- Report missing material/ damage/ robbery.
- Cold chain management
- Definition of the set up the tools necessary for monitoring the cold chain (thermometers, log tag, fridge tag, stop-watch cards, etc.), place orders if necessary
- Ensure that the cold chain temperature is taken twice daily in the morning and evening and recorded on the monitoring sheet provided.
- Be responsible for the proper implementation of the maintenance and upkeep of the refrigerators/freezers in collaboration with the logistics and in accordance with ALIMA recommendations.
- Share the rules to follow to ensure cleanliness and hygiene of cold chain storage and transport equipment.
- Share the rules to follow to ensure proper transport storage of drugs/vaccines during passive cold chain product movements.
- Use of management tools : recording of all the stock movements on the various management tools (purchase order/delivery, stock cards, management software) and according to the needs of separate stock management by backers.
- Suggest orders of medical and drug material in order to avoid any shortage.
- Records all items received and issued in computer
- Management of peripheral pharmacies and consumption units
- Accompanies the development, in agreement with logistics, of a supply schedule for dispensing pharmacies in Mykolaiv oblast while meeting the needs of the medical department.
- Implementation of tools to ensure that items are properly stored, identified and stored in accordance with ALIMA standards (hygiene, temperature, ventilation, storage, security)
- Implementation of a stock management system, for the primary health centers supplied, adapted to the context
- Ensure the application of repackaging procedures
- Fill the consumption tools
- Distribution of drugs during mobile clinics
- Ensure the supply of boxes for each specialist
- In accordance with the prescriptions of the specialists, proceed to the distribution of the drugs for the patients
- Collect prescriptions from specialists for archiving
- Implementation of preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Participates in training and awareness sessions
- Implements abuse prevention standards
- Ensures that team members complete training and awareness sessions and implement abuse prevention standards
- Helps create and maintain a nurturing and protective environment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Pharma or paramedical studies is an asset
- Experience in managing stocks
- Experience in medical inventory management is an asset
- Control of flows and organization of a stock.
- Experience in humanitarian medical organizations is an asset
- Good knowledge of Excel and familiar with inventory management software
- Knowledge of the google drive environment is an asset
- Ability to work independently and quickly
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Writing skills
- Sense of organization and rigor
- Ability to adapt, diplomacy and patience
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to live and work in communities that are often far from capital cities, located in rural areas, and often lacking in security, medical, social and recreational facilities.
- Ukrainian and english mandatory
The vacancy at ALIMA will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until a candidate is selected.
Resumes are considered only in English.