Эта вакансия уже завершена
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has left an estimated one in three families without enough food, rising to one in two in some areas of the East and South. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Millions who fled their homes to the country’s West are preparing for long-term internal displacement. Many who have returned to liberated areas around the capital, Kyiv, are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP is quickly scaling up to support 4.7 million people per month inside Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging Logistics role in a multi-cultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary team. In addition, we offer:
Meaningful and impactful careers: Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
Continuous learning and training: We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
Multicultural and stimulating work environment: We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference in Ukraine, watch this video to know more about us!!
What will you do in this position?
Manage a range of warehouse activities including safeguarding commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines.
How can you make a difference?
1. Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
2. Contribute to the review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
3. Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting are available at all times to support decision-making.
4. Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
5. Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stock management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
6. Supervise the preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
7. Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
8. Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
9. Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
10. Identify training needs and efficiently plan training, to ensure that all staff have the required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
11. Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high-performance standards.
12. Other duties as assigned by management.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will need to have...
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. University or advanced degree in related field can be counted towards years of experience.
Experience: Six or more years of work experience in maintaining a logistics database and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock. Experience in administering third-party service providers’ contracts. Experience in compiling contract documentation. Experience in contract execution. Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Ukrainian language.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in the English language.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
NOTE: the positions are open to Ukrainian nationals and persons eligible to work in Ukraine.
Job Title: Warehouse Management Associate
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Unit / Division: Supply Chain Unit / WFP Ukraine
Duty Station: Lviv
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Closing date: Monday, 06 February 2023, midnight (Ukraine Time)