Эта вакансия уже завершена
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Duration: initially 3 months, with possible extension
Workplace: Lviv / Kyiv with travel to the field of operation
Main purpose: The Advocacy Manager is responsible for all advocacy activities in the Mission in line with MSF policies and values, following the Operational line. This includes the elaboration and fine-tunning of the Advocacy Strategy. Reports to Regional Advocacy Advisor and HOM. He/She is responsible to implement the Advocacy strategy by coordinating validated advocacy activities both at project (Vinnytsia, Dnipro, Zaporizhia, Donetsk region) and mission level (Kyiv), and liaising with other MSF section in country. The candidate should demonstrate skills and experience to coordinate, strategize and help implement advocacy activities, including overseeing data collection and providing analysis and outputs (e.g. briefing/position papers, talking points, messages in preparation for meetings etc).
- Define, implement and coordinate all MSF advocacy activities, including responsibility for drafting advocacy strategy addressing medical-humanitarian priorities;
- Monitor the healthcare and humanitarian aid system dynamics in Ukraine - analyse the current situation, its developments, including key actors (local, regional, national and international), funding and gaps;
- Draft regular situation reports, internal/external reports in relation to main medical-humanitarian concerns;
- Design and support the implementation of quality data collection systems for operational and advocacy purpose;
- Define, draft and review advocacy messages and targeting in line with policy and advocacy objectives.
- Undertake actor mapping and stakeholders’ analysis and support networking needs - Build relationships/network
- Lead discussions, trainings, briefings, etc. on the country’s medical-humanitarian context to raise awareness of MSF colleagues.
- Closely work with Regional Advocacy Advisor, HOM and other colleagues to help implement Host Country agreement and MOUs in Ukraine for all MSF sections.
- Initiate and conduct qualitative and quantitative research on the situation with IDPs- collecting stories, analysing trends, synthesizing information and preparing advocacy messages for the authorities, UN OCHA and other humanitarian agencies.
- Master’s degree in political sciences, public relations, communication or in any other related subjects (incl. anthropology, social sciences, law, human rights)
- Upper- intermediate English, native Ukrainian/Russian mandatory
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with NGO or similar in advocacy or related fields (incl. public relations, policy research/analysis, communication)
- Excellent understanding of the local/regional/national context, policies and actors
- Experience working in conflict-affected country
- Critical thinking, initiative, experience working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- Experience in liaising with members of the governments, pharmaceutical companies, NGOs, and/or multi-lateral organizations.
- Experience in data collection (e.g. qualitative research, human rights monitoring, refugee casework etc). is an asset
- Ability and willingness to visit project sites.
- Regular travel within Ukraine
- Working in a dynamic International environment in English
- Health insurance coverage for employees and family members
- 30 annual paid holidays
- Language courses (if required)
- Possibility to go for professional development within MSF
- Possibility to apply for expatriation status and work in different countries
Monthly gross salary (before taxation) is 40 313 UAH
The interested candidates should submit their application before 06.09.2022 (CV+ motivation letter)
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.