Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF Ukraine is looking for a :
Accountant (based in Kiev)
- Maintain and update cashbook movements for each petty cash box, record all IN and Out transactions, ensure that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and, investigate any discrepancy.
- Perform currency exchange operations in accordance with the country's exchange rate policy.
- Ensure strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory, reconciliation with SAGA together with the manager, to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
- Monitor cash advances by ensuring that MSF rules and protocols are followed and the amounts advanced will be duly refunded.
- Keep track of bills/vouchers and other running costs and analyze the related information (costs, service contracts ...) to give reliable information about the mission functioning
- Ensure all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures ...).
- Ensure a monthly accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
- Check the quality of the receipts for check payments
- Inform supervisors of any issues / problems that may arise in their job performance.
- Prepare the payment of taxes within legal datelines.
- Is the responsible for the processing of SAGA peripheral accounting (project and capital):
- checks and validates the accounting of all SAGA peropheral accounts (spot check);
- checks the quality of the accounting allocations; check the conformity of all the invoices and other vouchers and ensures they are approved;
- under the responsibility of the Accounting manager, analyses the problems of cashbox discrepancies and gives technical help to find solutions
- Quality check on mission accounting:
- Correct encoding of salaries
- Follow-up and matching of internal transfers and advances in the mission
- Carry out of invoice split for international and local freight invoices
- Management of the expenses of other missions/sections
- Preparing OP (payment orders) documents to be sent to HQ
- Validation and allocation of HQ invoices
- Simulation encoding
- SAGA HR module encoding
- Responsible for filing accounting documents:
- Organizes financial documents and their annexes (PO/PU/PL)
- Prepares documents for audits
- Organizes the scanning of documents
- Archives mission financial documents
Essential diploma or professional qualification in accounting / finance / business administration.
In administration and accountability (minimum 1 year).
Mission and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Stress Management
Closing date: January 20th, 2017
Gross salary: 15250 UAH
Only CV's with Motivation letters in English will be considered
Only the candidates will take part in the selection, which sent CV and Motivation letter (both documents)
Please send CV with Motivation letter to: